In the Darkness of the Night...

This chapter was supposed to be part of the last chapter but it was getting too long so I had to split it into two chapters.

Disclaimer- The shayaris and the quotes in bold, they are not mine...I found them in pinterest. And of course, BB belongs to SSP.
___

Why it is that destiny always put him in awkward situations like this? Was there something he had done wrong in his last life?Was he bring punished for some unknown sins?

Glancing worriedly at the unconscious body in his arms he wondered.

He carried the girl to the stairs under which she has been hiding and settled her numb body on the foot of the stairs leaning her head to the side wall.

While adjusting her feet her dress caught his attention, it's the same blue dress that singer girl was wearing or unless two different girls in the same area have the same unusual dressing sense, unusual because no girl wears such gowns during the summer time in Italy, and wears their hair in the same way...then they are the same girl.

He bends down to get a good look at her face...and for a second his breath hitched.

Despite the low light and the obvious paleness, her face reminded him of a freshly bloomed flower. Involuntarily, his brain wondered if this is how an angel's face must have looks like.

The girl couldn't be older than 20. She still had her satchel crossed over her shoulder, there must be some clue about her identity but he felt hesitance to go through her personal belongings.

"Miss!!" He said softly while nudging her arm, but to no avail.

He tried again and this time he tapped her cheek, "Hello-" But the moment his fingers touched her soft cheeks he withdrew his hand back, shocked, literally. He felt a current ran through his fingers leaving a tingling sensation on its trail...

...what the hell was that??
...Anirudh don't touch her again!!
And think!! Why did she faint? She didn't bump her head...she wasn't in shock...

He vaguely remembered hearing a giggling sound while he was following them...and she was jumping around like a freaking acrobat. She seems alright ...until she saw him.

Suddenly he remembered her wounded palm the reason she got distracted. Ignoring the sensation he checked her palms...her right palm had a deep cut in it.

...how the hell did I not notice this? It's still bleeding...have to be cleaned and she is going to need tetanus shot too...

He pulled out a white handkerchief from his pocket and tied it around her palm.

...this would have to do for now...after she wakes up I'll take her to a doctor...

He eyed his handkerchief around her hand in disdain, blood had socked into the white cloth.

...hopefully that won't leave a stain...I'm going to need it back...

A blaring sound of police siren cut through his chain of thought and on cue the unconscious men on the ground start moving.

...Oh no, you don't!!

Sparing another glance at the senseless girl he strode across the alley to take care of the situation.

He had pushed the three half drowsy men, the other two has escaped, across two alleys when the police came running with the little blond on the lead.

Handing the attackers to the police he ran back where he had left the girl in blue dress...

...only to find an empty stair...

The whole alley was empty...there wasn't any sign of her anywhere.

___