Chapter 2- I rather be a stranger to him than a friend.

**Nearly one year later**

So here I am working in an ice cream shop during my last summer here in Fellshill before senior year when I'll graduate and leave this stupid town for good.

Now many of you may be thinking 'why are you working in an ice cream shop? Your dad's already loaded.' The answer to that my fellow readers is that I hate him and I certainly don't want his money. I know I'm smart enough to get a scholarship but even then I like to work at this place. You'll see why in half an hour.

The ice cream shop was actually cute. I know most of them are but this is pretty good. I liked working here. I liked to not have to spend time at my house convincing the hag and my father that I don't want to go anywhere this summer. I would rather stay home and read a book than go on a family vacation with them.

You guys might also be thinking 'Don't you have any friends?'. Well the answer is yes and no. Yes is because I do have friends back in Redwoods, the town I lived in before moving here. No is because I never bothered to make friends in here. I just can't stand this place. The only I'm not trying my level best to get shipped off is because of Tyler.

It's been nearly a year since I met him. A year of high school spent stalking him on facebook, staring at him during classes and drooling when I see him play football.

I'm the definition of a stalker. You'd probably find my picture under the word in dictionary.

I check the clock and see there's only five minutes until its four. Only five minutes!

The door opens and in comes another customer.

I plaster a fake smile and greet the customer as usual "welcome to Charlie's Ice cream factory (the owner is so creative right?) what can I get you?"

The customer is none other than Clarissa Brown. The head cheerleader of our school which makes her the most popular girl also Tyler's ex. I hated her. Not because she was rude to me, Clarissa is very sweet and while her friends bully others she never joins them instead she helps them. Why I hated her was because she was dating Tyler and in a way it's the law that you're supposed to hate your crushes girlfriends. It was the same thing for me.

"Chocolate chip cookie dough." She answered flashing me her pearly white teeth.

She was pretty. Like the kind of pretty that makes you question your existence. She had blonde hair that were so smooth and silky that grew up to her back. She had the perfect shade of blue eyes as bright as the morning sky (but it's not sky blue, more like dark blue). Unless you were someone she deeply disliked she would always smile at you, her signature million dollar smile. To say that Clarissa Brown is perfect is the understatement of the century.

"Here it is. Anything else I can get you?"

"No thank you."

I check the clock again. 1 minute left. Oh god! Even though I've been doing this since last Sunday (it's Friday) I'm still nervous. I bite my lip anxiously waiting to hear the chime of the bell as the new customer walks in.

"So have we met before? You kinda seem familiar." Clarissa asks, slightly tilting her head.

"Yeah we go to the same school." I was honestly not surprised that Clarissa didn't know me. No matter how nice she is, she's still the head cheerleader. People like her don't mix with people like us.

"We do?"

"Yeah."

'I'm Clarissa."

"I know who you are. You're the head cheerleader you don't need to introduce yourself. I'd have to be a complete idiot to not know you."