Chapter 5- Lesson Numero Uno

After the phone call to Clarissa, which was when I said to her that I accept her deal, she told me that our 'lessons' begins from tomorrow morning. Even though I was a bit excited Clarissa's tone just made me more nervous. Knowing her (not that I do know her) I'd say that it's not going to be pleasant for me.

The next day couldn't have come any sooner. I told Clarissa that I'd meet her by the ice cream parlour seeing that I had no idea where we're supposed to go and there's no way I'd let her pick me up from the my father's house. She doesn't need to know about them. I greeted Joe and bought an ice cream for myself. I sat there reading a book and ice cream when she arrived.

"Hey Beth."

"Hi Clarissa."

As usual she was looking absolutely beautiful. She was wearing a light blue summer dress with her golden hair left open. She had absolutely no make up which just makes me even more jealous seeing that she's naturally beautiful. And of course her thousand watt smile made her look as though she was a damn angel.

"Ready to go?"

"Yeah." I nodded. "Of course I'm ready. Why else would I be here? I'm absolutely completely unquestionably undoubtedly ready."

Grammar vomit. Happens when I'm nervous. And it sounds like I'm trying to convince myself and not her that I'm ready.

"Uh huh. Whatever you say." Clarissa says looking at me with a weird expression on her face as if she doesn't believe me.

"Let's get going before I make a run for it. Believe me when I say that the thought of running has crossed my mind a million times today."

Clarissa chuckles and nods.

"Let's go."

We walk out of the parlour and get into her car. It doesn't take long for us to reach our destination and when we do its not where I expected it to be.

"School? Seriously? You brought me to our school to begin everything?" I shouted.

"For a girl who has straight A's you really are extremely daft. Of course this is our school. It's clearly written over there see." She pointed towards the giant letters stamped in the brick wall saying 'River Hills High School, home of the Hawks.'

"What on earth are we doing here?" I asked Clarissa trying to keep up with her as she walked towards the school.

"We're gonna use the football field." She answers.

"Isn't the school closed?"

"Yes."

"Then how can we get in the football field?"

She rolled her eyes. "The football field is not technically school property. After the school was built they realised that they still needed some space for extracurricular activity so they asked the mayor to build a football field here. So it's not school property it's public property which means that the people of this town can come in and leave the field whenever they want. But usually there is no one here and I use it for trainings." She explained.

"Training?" I asked.

She smirked at me. "You'll see."

I followed her to the field which was the same. Just big and green. Nothing more. I've never attended any of the football games despite Tyler playing for our team which is kinda surprising since I never lose an opportunity to gawk at him.

"Change." Clarissa orders.

"I beg your pardon?"

"I said: change. You can't start wearing those." She pointed to my clothes.