Chapter 9- This is Freaky!

I sighed as I shut my locker. Finally after four hours of torturous of Chemistry, Algebra, Trig and Physics (i still had no freaking idea what the hell right hand grip rule was) it was lunch. I run a hand through my hair as I walk towards the cafeteria when I see him again. Leaning against his locker with his usual smirk on his face as if this amused him. He stared at me and I stared right back refusing to turn away and lose. It's been like this since the first period. We may not have any same classes after chemistry but we passed each other in the hallway numerous times. And just like now, we made eye contact. He smirked and looked as if he was amused while I was trying my level best to appear as if this was all nothing.

We looked at each other, daring the other to take the first step but of course none of us did. And so we both looked away as if the intense eye contact we had right now was nothing more than just a mere flicker.

I entered the cafeteria and immediately went to stand in the line. According to my nutritionist, Clarissa Brown, I am not to eat any fatty substance like burger or anything and since the only healthy food in our cafeteria are apples and juice, I had no choice but to get them. I thank the lunch lady as I pay for my food then turn around and stop.

Our cafeteria is just like the one in High School Musical. Everyone is like assigned to a table and that's were they sit according to their cliques. Near the door you'll find the nerds; always busy with their studies, then there are the drama group; most possibly discussing their new play, then Clarissa and Tyler's table filled with jocks and cheerleaders who were laughing. Tyler wasn't there with the,.

As I stood there in the middle of the cafeteria I was reminded why I never ever ate here. I didn't know where I would fit in. Not with the foreign exchange students, not even with the nerds even after I get straight A's and I'm not even a cheerleader yet so I doubt I would be welcomed in with Clarissa.

"You look a little bit lost."

I turned around and see Tyler stand right behind me with nothing but an apple in his hand.

"Not my fault. Your cafeteria looks like it is right out of those cliche chick flicks. I have no idea where the hell I am supposed to sit."

"You could sit anywhere you want. I doubt that anyone of them would mind."

"It's not about them allowing me to sit down, it is more about me not fitting in there. Every one in here sits in the table they are most comfortable at. They talk with people who share the same interest with them. I have no idea whether I would even have the same interest as all those people." I shrugged.

"That's deep. So you are not going to sit here? What about your old school? Where did you sit there?"

Well my old school was this one unless you count the other one back at my Aunt's where, like this school, I sat in the library pouring over Harry Potter or Percy Jackson or any other fantasy book. But that obviously wasn't the answer I was going to tell him. He cannot know that I'm not a new student.

"We had assigned tables in my old school." I lied.

"Assigned tables?" He asked confused.

"Yeah. Uh..I went to an all girls boarding school. Alessandra Girls School." I lied with a fake smile.

"Alassandra? All girls boarding school? You never talked to a guy before or even dated a guy before?"

"Of course I did." No I did not. Who would date a nerd like me? "Just because I was in a girls school doesn't mean that I had no contacts whatsoever with guys. There was a neighboring boys school. I dated someone from that school." Lies after lies. I had no idea whatsoever about girls school and by the looks of Tyler's face neither does he.