Broken Nose (1)

"Who can answer number 3?" The teachers asks the classroom full of unenthusiastic students

I raise my hand high making sure she sees it

"Ethan" she says

Ugh, of course she picks him. She always does, sometimes I really do think female high school teachers are in love with the students but it's fine.

"52 to the power of 7" he states confidently.

I know he's right, he always is, well most of the time anyway.

He looks over at me making sure I noticed that he not only got it right but he was the one called on once again.

Me and Ethan Holt have been competing with each other since the day we met in 2nd grade.

Him and his mom had just moved to town and happened to move in down the street from us. I was playing soccer in my front yard when he came over and started playing with me. Our parents introduced themselves whilst we played.

I made him play goalie as it was my house and I thought I was the boss, and I scored on him a few times before really rubbing it in his face.

He then decided that I should goal-keep whilst he attempted to score on me. I was never much of a goal keeper but I knew I couldn't let him beat me.

Even being like 7 years old we both were extremely competitive, I got it from my brother. I don't exactly know where he got it from.

Anyway back to my story. He missed a few shots before kicking the ball one time a little too hard. It flew straight into my face giving me broken nose.

My mom along with his ran over to me once they heard me yelp in pain. He didn't run over to me though, he just stood there in shock. His mom made him apologize but he couldn't get the words out.

My mom scooped me up quickly and drove me to the emergency room.

I had a very minor surgery with no complications other than two black eyes from the impact.

From that day forward we competed in everything we did, both straight A honour students and 3 time varsity athletes.

Our parents grew apart as years went on but still went out for coffee every now and then, they were the only single moms in the neighbourhood and tried to look out for each other as best as they could.

Now current day I'm a junior in high school applying for scholarships to prestigious private schools to attend for the rest of high school.

There are many great boarding schools that I wish I had applied to before the end of junior year but I didn't even know it was an option until Ethan's mom informed my mom that her son was applying to some, apparently they look great on college applications.

Now of course I would never attend the same school as him, there are thousands anyway the chances of us both applying and being accepted to the same school are slim to none.

My top pick was Hill-View Valley. But the chances of getting accepted are extremely slim but the hope was there.

               •❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

It was the first week of august before my senior year and it was time for the yearly summer vacation with Ethan and his mom. Normally we just went out of town for about a week and me and Ethan avoided each other. But not this year.

Both of our parents saved up all year so we could go to this resort for two weeks. And honestly I was excited. I didn't care about Ethan, yes he made my blood boil and made me want to stab my eyes out but I wanted to enjoy this vacation.

My mom has had it rough the past few years without my dad around but she has worked so hard to give me everything I have and I'm forever grateful for that.

It was the day we're leaving and I had a bag full of bikinis, shorts, and tanks all ready to we worn in the hottest weather on the nicest beaches.

We met up with Ethan and his mom at the airport about an hour before our flight, we got our bags checked and then just sat in peace.

I looked up to see what Ethan was doing but he was already flirting with the Starbucks cashier.

Ethan looked a lot older than what he was he was quite fit and extremely tall I'd say 6"5 but he only says 6"3 but he may just say that to make me feel short.

He has medium length brown hair that frames his face. And his style wasn't bad either, I bit on the basic side but very athletic.

Honestly if I didn't hate him I wouldn't say he was bad looking. But on the contrary he always makes fun of my appearance

I'm not that short I'm about 5"7 which is quite tall if you ask me, I'm slim but not skinny I have more of an athletic build and My ass isn't that flat just not shaped like a Kardashian, I have big thighs and my boobs are pretty big and don't really fit my body but I don't really care.

My full name is Elliana Rose Matthews, another thing Ethan makes fun of me for. I don't really know why honestly it's kind of basic but I never really let him get to me anyway.

Suddenly something hits me on the head and snaps me out of my thoughts

"Owww" I look down seeing that it was a soccer ball that hit me

I look up seeing Ethan laughing with the barista while staring at me.

Ok he wants to play that game

I walk over to him all calm and tell him
"your mom just got you that syphillis treatment you needed, apparently your doctor isn't happy about having to write you another prescription after the clamydia incident two weeks ago."

The barista looked disgusting and Ethan gave me the death glare he always does.

We both walk back over to our parents as we heard our flight is now boarding.

We board the plane and I take my seat next to my mother seat 2.
And Ethan and his mom are directly behind us in seats 3 and 4.

A flight attendant then comes up to me and asks how old I am. I quickly respond "17" he then says that I needed to move because no one under the age of 18 could be in seat 1 or 2.

Then my mom comes up with the brilliant plan to sit with Ethan's mom in seats 1 and 2 while I sit next to Ethan in seats 3 and 4.

I told her I'd rather sit with a stranger but that would mean she would have to aswell and she said no so I move my things and scoot back to seat 4.

"Ugh I don't want to sit with her" Ethan complains to his mom who is a row above us

"Suck it up just go to sleep you won't even know she's there" His mom states slightly annoyed.

Our parents knew about our little rivalry but always tried to push us together almost making us dislike each other more.

About 10 minutes into our flight Ethan is wide awake staring out the window so I decide to take a melatonin and try to sleep through the ride.

Eventually I doze off to sleep.

I wake up to Ethan slightly shaking me awake, I hate waking up but especially him waking me up.

I then realized my head had fell onto his shoulder and I most likely slept on him the whole time.

Slightly embarrassed I grabbed my headphones and popped them in during the landing.

We all get over and we get a taxi to our resort where we'll be staying for the next few nights. We booked two rooms each with two beds one for me and Ethan and one for both our moms.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
First part! Lmk what you think and please vote!!