{1}

∆Detention

                                                  ∆Detention∆                                      

I sat in the back corner of the class.
It was a Friday, after school on a Friday
I had earned myself an after school detention by being tardy and skipping 3rd period. When my teacher called me out on it I had told her to "fuck off."
I didn't mind spending an extra hour here at this school though,
my home felt like hell to me, I always wanted to avoid being home at all cost.

It was kind of hot in the classroom so the window was a bit cracked open. Since I did sit in the back of the classroom closest to the window I felt most breeze, feeling a bit chilly but brushed it off as I wore a jacket. The teacher in charge of the detention was busy grading paperwork not caring about what we were really doing, as long as we weren't too disruptive.

It was me and 6 other students. 5 randoms I've never bothered to associate with and then there was one, Sullyoon.

She was in my English, Geometry, and Music class.
She stood out to me numerous times before, very pretty.
She's very honest, social, down to earth, but tends to interrogate a little too much when talking to someone.

She sat across on the other side of the classroom also in the back.
                    Scribbling on the desk looking focused.
         Her pencil then broke, making her sigh hard out loud.
That's when she finally looked at me and flashed a smiled.
                                I smiled back with a nod.

She looked at the teacher's direction to see if he was paying attention but he wasn't. She quietly and slowly got up from her seat and tip-toed all the way to the desk next to me.

"Hi" she waved.

"Hey Sullyoon."

We were familiar with each other so it wasn't that awkward to greet each other.

"What were you just scribbling on the desk about?" I asked trying to spark conversation with her.
"Oh nothing.." She giggled.

It was a pause of a silence for a bit. Just sitting there enjoying each other's company for a few moments.

She then hummed silently, I turned to her and saw she was observing me like she was trying to keep the conversation going.

"You cool?" I asked raising my eyebrows a bit.

"Yea its just that I can never tell with you. Like your mysterious but kinda open at the same time. I like it." Her eyes lit up like she was genuinely amused.

"Well how can you get all that when we haven't talked that much" I laughed.

"I've been observing you since the first day of school. You seem perfect."

"Perfect for what?"

"I'm throwing a personal get together with my friends: Lily, Bae, Haewon, Kyujin, Jinni, Jiwoo. You know them all right?"

I nodded my head

"Cool well Its tomorrow night at 6:00 on the dot, anyone is welcome to come." She said with glee.

I hesitated but a get together didn't sound so bad and that means I could be away from home for the night.

"Is it ok if I bring Yoon with me?"

"The girl that you're always talking to? with the black hair and bangs that sits in Geometry with us?" She asked.

"Yep she's my best friend."

"Perfect. It'll be perfect if she came with you."

"Ok then I'm in."

Sullyoon nodded with a huge smile on her face. She tip-toed back to her seat and couldn't stop glancing and smiling at me for the rest of the detention period.