chapter four

3507 words

Itadori and Nobara killed all curses with no hassle, or so they said and Asami finished her walk quick enough to get back to the group by the time the two finished.

The next day, Gojo headed off on business and left the four first years at the school. As the second and third years were away, those four were the only students on campus. Asami spun around slowly, attempting to perfect her attack using one katana.

I wonder where Itadori put my other katana, he better not have broken it.

Asami's eyes darkened at the thought of one of her katana's being broken by the pink haired idiot. Speaking of, her name was then called by said idiot. "Himari!" She spun around to face the boy. Taking a nervous breath, she smiled at the boy. 

"Please, call me Asami." She suggested. Itadori's eyes widened. "Really?!" He asked excitedly. Asami nodded at him. "Okay Asami!" He spoke enthusiastically. "Did you need something?" Asami asked, sheathing her katana. 

Asami tilted her head in confusion at the boy. Suddenly, the boys hand shot out, taking Asami by surprise. He held a bottle of water in his hand.

"I thought you'd be thirsty." He blushed slightly. "You've been out here for ages, so..." The normally outgoing boy suddenly got quite shy.

"Have you been watching me, Itadori...?" Asami teased, smiling at the boy. "No! No! Nothing like that." Asami laughed softly and Itadori's face reddened from her reaction. Asami walked towards the steps of the school and sat herself down to take a break, Itadori following her lead.

"You can call me Yuji." Itadori spoke after a moment of silence. Asami smiled. "So, Yuji, how are you finding my katana?" She questioned. Itadori's face brightened and he smiled enthusiastically. "So cool, it's as light as a feather!" He exclaimed.

Asami smiled at his response. "So I assume I won't be getting it back anytime soon?" She teased. "Oh, I can run and get it now if you want it-!" Asami placed her hand on the boys arm. "I'm just teasing, keep it as long as you'd like, maybe I'll take something of Megumi's..." She schemed aloud, placing her bottle to her lips and taking another sip.

"So, how long have you and Fushiguro-San been dating?"  Itadori asked, staring at the girls lips in front of him.

Asami spit out her water, coughing uncontrollably from the question. Itadori's eyes widened in shock, slamming his hand down on her back continuously before Asami's coughing died down and she gently placed her hand on his to stop him from hitting her again.

"We- we're not dating. No, no way." She informed, gagging slightly from the thought. "We've just been friends for as long as I can remember." She explained. Itadori's mouth formed an 'o' shape and he nodded along. "Oh right, I'm sorry for insinuating."  He apologised. 

Asami waved a hand of dismissal at the boy. 

Silence engulfed the two and Asami continued taking a few small sips of her drink, her mind battling with her mouth on whether or not she should speak. Overcoming her nerves Asami stood up to go shower, before she left she looked towards the boy in front of her.

"By the way, you're the last person I would want thinking I'm in a relationship with someone else."

"Our window verified the cursed womb three hours ago." The assistant manager at Tokyo Jujutsu High, Kiyotaka Ijichi informed. Asami stood beside Yuji, her nails digging into her palms in anticipation.