Gang of Secrets

A/n: me writing this on paper at three am: oh yeah this is gonna be a good one
me typing this out: holy fucking shit why the hell is this so long!
no but seriously I did a flesh out on paper and it was six pages which is average but when I went to add details it became sooooooo long.

Marinette stood in front of the dollhouse she had made to hide the kwamis. She knew this wouldn't fix everything since her cousin had a problem with knocking. Just like that her trapdoor swung open and Jon was staring at her before walking around her room with wide eyes. 

"Jon, we've talked about this..." Marinette started but Jon shh'd her wide eyed throwing pillows around shaking out his hair like he had a twitch. He walked up to Marinette grabbing her shoulders looking at her with fear in his eyes.

"Ok, you're going to think I'm crazy but I've been hearing voices from your room and it's driving me crazy. I don't know what's wrong but I need to find the cause," Jon said and Mariette's eyes widened as he let go and looked at her dollhouse. 

"This is cool, when did you get it?" Jon asked poking the dollhouse and Marinette ran over to pull him back before something broke.

"Please don't touch that," Marinette said grabbing Jon's wrist tightly with fear in her eyes. Odd. Jon backed off with his hands up in mock surrender.

"Sorry I asked, I'm going to hang out with Damian," Jon said eying Marinette up hearing her heartrate flutter for a brief moment before going back to a nervous fast beating that Jon was used to back in Metropolis when he cornered a criminal. Something wasn't right. "Do you want to come with me?" Jon asked hoping to get her mind off of whatever was stressing her out so much. Marinette peered behind him at the cardboard dollhouse which looked like a small gust of wind could knock it over and turned back to Jon trying her best to remain calm.

"I really don't have time for that right now Jon, we can talk later, I just need some time to myself," Marinette said still staring at the house behind her cousin.

"Are you sure you look like you could use the distraction?" Jon asked. "Is something wrong, you seem so stressed out please just let me in Mari, I can help, being with your friends can help. Do you want me to call Alya and the others. Ever since Damian was..." Jon was shoved toward the trapdoor with a surprising amount of force.

"I don't have time for anyone right now Jon, please just leave me alone!" Jon walked down the steps confused and hurt. He would listen into her room later but this was just so odd. There was not other way to put it. Marinette told him everything. Jon's eyebrows furrowed as he walked through the bakery past Sabine and Tom who waved at him cheerfully. Jon opened the door to see Damian and Kagami waiting for him outside.

"Why do you have that weird look on your face?" Kagami asked grabbing his chin and maneuvering his head around to take a better look. "Your face muscles are all tense." 

Jon swatted her hand away rolling his eyes. "What face? Everything is fine see," Jon said smiling as Damian and Kagami looked on not believing his bullshit for one second. "Relax guys, you two are so uptight." Jon linked arms with his two friends new and old and began to walk in the direction of the movie theater to go see the new Miraculous Movie Sequel which had Multimouse in it reportedly and a glimpse of Eagle as an end credit. 

He couldn't let anything worry Damian right now, especially not with Dupain-Cheng/ Kent drama. After the whole akuma attack and realizing he wasn't spending enough time with his friend, the last thing he needed was to get Damian wrapped up in some probably stupid and meaningless cousin situation. Today was about Damian, Kagami, and himself no romance or drama at all. Jon felt his smile slipping as they stood outside the theater.

"Are you sure you're ok, we can go see the movie another day if you're feeling sick or something," Damian said trying not to make Jon feel bad about needing to go home which was an obvious itch that the younger had.