Chapter Nine

River's Pov
With the extra couple of weeks I had took deciding to prefect my new abilities and all, I felt I was ready for school yet again. so here I was on this Friday morning back at Fork's High sitting on the roof of my car reading a book, to pass time till that first bell rang out for the day. How odd just a month ago the cold would have been bothering me exhaustion taking over me so that I would fall asleep during the day. I felt like I had energy for days.

Now I was one with the cold, I tugged my hoodie closer to me with one hand, glancing  up smiling at Jasper who had made his leave away from Rosalie to sit beside me on the hood.

"Hey darling, how are you holding up so far?" I shut the book with a light thump, stuffing it back into my bag for a moment.

"I would say so far so good actually, no attacks yet, just the annoying burning sensation in my throat." He let a small chuckle out wrapping his arms around my shoulder bringing me in for a soft hug rubbing his palms all across my shoulder blades.

"I know the feeling I promise it goes away after a couple weeks. You can do this I know you." I shut my eyes for a moment feeling a kiss being pressed onto my temple. It was calming, I poked at his sides cracking a soft smile hugging him as much as my arms and body would let me in his embrace.

"Thanks Jas." He just smiled keeping his lips on place on my temple pressing more fluttering kisses all over the cold skin moving his hands up to rub away my curls from the view of my contacts.

"Of course always my pleasure, I also came by to inform you that Edward told Bella about us cause she kept questioning him, so be prepared to meet her personally this weekend."

"What-? Already Edward can be dumb sometimes."

"Oh he is an idiot don't worry."

_______________________
"Here River hand me that bowl." I carefully passed over the glass bowl to Esme who stood besides Carlisle who was cutting up some meat slices placing them into a pan. The weekend had came by in a blink of an eye, after Edward had gotten deeply scolded by Rosalie for days, before I even knew it. Alice seemed to not change at all, still bubbly and having a mischievous smile, then we had me having slip ups of reading people's minds.

"Is she even Italian?" Rosalie deadpan walking around the kitchen her heels clicking about, Emmett was casually leaning against counter watching the cooking channel with interest.

"Her name is Bella." He chimed in causing me to snicker quietly to myself, quickly drowning the cup of the blood fast like, shivering, quickly moving towards the sink to wash the cup out, I think I would be totally be fine.

"River what do you think about this?" I licked my lips for a moment placing my hands In locked in front of me casually speaking, with a small laugh.

"I'll be honest I didn't like Bella at first." I whined when Esme smacked at my arm in a warning like tone.

"But she's friends with Edward, can't be that bad of human." I shrugged my shoulders back with amusement zoning out again, letting Rosalie get all her whining out not, only way to make her feel better.

"River!" I focused my eyes for a moment an odd look spreading across my face, pushing myself off the sink.

"What..?" My voice trailed off for a moment, although the amused look of Edward staring at me had me in even more confusion.

"When the hell did you get here?" His eyes stilled bored into my own, he was shaking with laughter.

"Five minutes ago, think you need to be paying attention more." I rolled my eyes but smiled a bit more.

"Bella this is River, he is my mate. And he actually recently just got turned, around a month ago. He isn't human any more." I flashed the brunette a kind smile nodding my head her way.

"Yes so as of right now I'm newest addition to the family, it's so nice to meet you and not actually hear the gossip." I greeted her kindly, looking back towards the balcony where Jasper had came inside with Alice following suit giggling as she bounced over to hug Bella tightly, Jasper had rested his head on my shoulder peering from where he was back hugging me tightly.

"This is Jasper he is also with River too, and then we have Alice." Edward had a soft side smile on his face, Bella then looked even more confused as she looked between us three cracking a light smile.

"Polyamrous?" She asked for a moment, tilting her head, I don't think I had ever seen those two looked even more confused. It caused me to burst into laughter Bella quietly laughed to herself.

"Wait what is that River?" Jasper asked urgent like, I had to pinch at the bridge of my nose still shaking with laughter informing the two ancient ones through my soft laughter.

"It's a modern term were you have more than one partner, sort like how mono means one, poly means many." I said still laughing harder, Bella nodding in agreement. Edward still looked greatly confused but now I knew why Alice said me and Bella would be friends.