Chapter 2: Slow pace chase

???: "What the hell is THAT thing doing here?! How did it come here?!"

The person sitting on Christophe's car hood looks back in shock at the rather unusual and unexpected sight of a yellow and black sports car. Inside, Christophe looks at the person, being a boy with black spiky hair, definitely Japanese, probably in his 17 years and wearing a black and white tracksuit with yellow/orange accents. In his right hand, a convenience store bag is held.

Lowering the driver side window, Christophe looks out of it, towards the boy.

Christophe: "Are... Are you ok?"

Strangely enough, the boy looks back at him and nods.

???: "Uuh... Y-Yeah, I'm ok. I think."

Ch/???: "Wait, he can understand me and I can understand him?"

Putting his feet back on the ground, the boy walks towards Christophe, still with a surprised look on his face.

???: "Please tell me this is an illusion."

Raising his brows, Christophe replies to the boy.

Christophe: "I'm as shocked as you are..."

Ch/???: "Are you from..."

Christophe: "...Earth?"

Nodding, the boy replies.

???: "Yeah. 21st century?"

Nodding back, Christophe asks a question.

Christophe: "What are you doing here? I mean, are you just randomly searching your way or do you have something in mind?"

???: "Well, yeah, I'm searching for someone, actually. Also, you don't seem Japanese. Have you learned how to speak it?"

Christophe: "Well, to me, you seem to speak French rather fluently. I don't know how we can understand each other that well. Anyway, what's your name?"

(A/N): I know that the world of Re:zero has its language being very close to Japanese, but I think it works well like that. And yes, my main language is French. And no, I'm not French, I'm from Belgium :P

Striking a rather weird pose with a finger up in the air, the boy announces himself.

Subaru: "I am Natsuki Subaru! Not only am I clueless, I'm also broke beyond compare! Nice to meet you!"

Christophe: "Oh boy... I've fallen onto a special case apparently..."

Mentally facepalming on Subaru's weird pose and announcement, Christophe stares at him for a rather long moment.

Stopping his weird pose and putting his hand to the back of his head, Subaru starts to get a bit uncomfortable.

Subaru: "Uhm... I would rather not have you stare at me like that. It's rather uncomfortable..."

Snapping back out of his thoughts and mental facepalming, Christophe replies.

Christophe: "Oh, sorry. My name is Christophe Schelfthout. You can forget trying to pronounce my name and immediately call me either Christophe or Chris. No need for honorifics either."

Subaru: "Wow... He casually closed the distance between us."

Christophe: "So, you said you were looking for someone, right?"

Subaru: "Yes, I'm looking for a blonde girl who is rather acrobatic. She stole something important and I want her to give it back."

Staring deadpanned at Subaru, Christophe is being suspicious.