Chapter 22: Magical discussions

Regaining consciousness, Christophe feels himself in a bed. Focusing on his touch sense, Christophe tries to identify the bed.

Christophe: "Hmm... This doesn't feel like the guest room's bed. So we did not reset. I'm glad."

In the process of focusing on his touch sense, Christophe feels a bit of warmth coming from his left hand. Still too tired to open his eyes, Christophe wonders what it is.

Christophe: "Heat? And my right hand doesn't have it. Wait-"

Finally noticing it, Christophe feels a hand wrapped around his.

Christophe: "This sensation! This hand! It's the exact same one as in the last loop when I had that nightmare!"

Feeling the hand in his, Christophe feels a soft and delicate but worn hand, the hand of a woman who works hard. Gathering his strength and forcing himself awake, Christophe slowly opens his eyes.

???: "Oh! Is Chris-kun awake?"

The voice sounding like an angel to his ears immediately makes him look towards it. But with his blurred vision from barely waking up, Christophe can only see a particular hue of blue next to him.

Sighing, the voice seems rather discouraged since Christophe isn't fully waking up yet. After a few seconds, Christophe is finally able to open his eyes wider and begins to get a clearer vision. Right next to his bed, sat on a chair is none other than Rem with a look of concern on her face.

Christophe: "Did I just dream or did she call me "Chris-kun" like in the first loop?"

Slowly adjusting himself in his bed, the movements attract Rem's attention. Looking at Christophe, she sees that he is now awake.

Sighing a sigh of relief as she puts a hand on her chest, Rem is quite happy to see Christophe waking up.

Christophe: "Hey, Rem."

Rem: "Is Chris-kun all right? He mustn't move too much."

Christophe: "Yeah, I'm all ri- Wait, what did you just call me?"

Surprised, Christophe has caught on Rem's nickname for him. Catching herself as well, a blush suddenly appears on her face. Lowering her head, she tries to hide it.

Rem: "R-Rem is sorry! I-If Christophe-kun doesn't like it, Rem will stop calling-"

Christophe: "Rem."

Interrupting her, Rem lifts her head and looks at Christophe with the blush still on her face.

Christophe: "I prefer you call me that way rather than my full name."

If we were in the typical comedy-romantic anime, Rem's face would have gotten redder and redder until a puff of steam suddenly appeared over her head. Lowering her head, Rem seems relieved but embarrassed as well.

Christophe: "Anyway, how did I end up here?"

Keeping her head hung low, Rem replies.

Rem: "After Chris-kun fell unconscious, Rem headed outside to bring him to his room and let him rest."

Christophe: "Oh. So you saw everything that happened, right?"

Nodding, Rem finally lifts her head back up.

Rem: "Rem saw everything since the moment we heard a strange noise. That's when we saw Subaru-kun's failed attempt at casting magic."

Christophe: "I see. That explains it. Wait, "we"?!"

Rem: "Nee-sama was with Rem as well."

Christophe: "I see... And you both saw what I was doing as well, right?"