chapter two

laney's outfit >>>

hot girl bummer was played through the car, whilst we all sang along loudly

as we pulled around the block too the party, i started to get nervous. i played with the gold bracelet on my wrist to ease my worries.

lexi quickly sensed my nervousnesses, as she placed her warm hand into mine squeezing them tight with a comforting smile.

"your okay laney, everything is going to be okay." she whispered into my ear.

i smiled back and gave her a thank you look with my eyes, still holding onto her hands.

lexi's words played rounds in my mind, i wouldn't believe anyone if they said those words to me. but it was lexi who said those words  and i trusted lexi with my life.

***

i walked into the room hand in hand with maddy, as the smell of alcohol and sweaty bodies plunged through my nostrils, the nostalgic scent giving my confidence.

i hadn't been around this many people in so long, it had been over a year since i had gone to a party. and honestly i missed them.

i was still scared though yet excited at the same time.

maddy squeezed my hand and gave me a big smile as she lead me through the party.

of course she lead me straight through into the kitchen where the alcohol was. maddy was a smart girl, she knew as soon as a bit of alcohol entered my system, then all of my confidence would flood back.

id be back to the normal fun laney that everyone loved.

coming closer too the kitchen, i saw a familiar face. mckay was stood leant up against the wall, he turned too look at me eyeing me like i was just another random at the party.

until he did a double take, and realisation finally hit him.

"no fucking way delaney grey is that really you" he joked with a big smile as he walked over too me.

"yes it is i the one and only laney" i joked back.

"well shit man i'm glad your back laney, see you around yeah?"
mckay said as he wondered of into the crowd.

relief slightly washed over me after realising that my first normal interaction was with somebody sober, and that it went smoothly.

but there was no time too be thankful, as maddy quickly pulled me over too her, handing me a small shot glass filled with vodka.