Ch. 1 Welcome Home

It was early morning as A-chan was scrolling on her phone as she waited for the next train stop. A-chan just got accepted into her first choice college, sadly it was far away from home. For months A-chan searched for a place she could rent. Luckily she was able to find a room for rent at a home daycare near the college. From what she could find the daycare wasn't all that well known, but some of the reviews and photos were nice. The manager of the daycare seems like a nice and relaxing person over their emails.

A-chan: 'I'm so glad I was able to find a place so soon. The new semester starts in a week. Looks like this is my stop.'

The train then slows to a stop at the station, as A-chan rolls her luggage behind her off the train . After walking A-chan, pulls out her directions for the daycare.

A-chan: "This way? Ah, no it's this way."

A-chan then found the street the day care was on. It was still pretty early in the morning so there wasn't hardly anyone on the streets.

A-chan: "Found it. This has to be Omegaa's daycare."

Just then a sudden gust of wind blows, A-chan tries to shield her face from the flying debri. When she opened her eyes, she saw a beautiful person with long white hair and red refined eyes. The white hair person wasn't doing anything special, just sweeping scattered cherry blossom petals. It wasn't until long that the person noticed A-chan. One would think that such a beautiful person would also have a beautiful voice but they were very... blunt when they spoke.

Omegaa: "Ah, you must be the one who rented out one of our spare rooms. A? Ak? Acho? A..."

A-chan: "Just A-chan is fine."

Omegaa: "Ok A-chan. I'm Omegaa, I'm the one who emailed you about the room for rent. It's nice to meet you."

A-chan: "Its nice to..."

A-chan was about to offer a friendly hand shake, when Omegaa turned to face the daycare.

Omegaa: "Sorry I'll be opening the daycare soon. So I can only show you the basic layout. Follow me, I'll show you as I take you to your room."

A-chan couldn't help feeling a little irritated by Omegaa's lack of manners.

A-chan: 'Are they really the daycare's manager?'

A-chan followed Omegaa into the daycare.

Omegaa: "The first half is of course the daycare. Through here is the kitchen. These stairs by the kitchen lead you up to the living quarters."

Omegaa walked up the stairs with A-chan behind them. From what A-chan could see, everything looked decent and well kept. As they entered what seemed to be a nice living room with a couch, coffee table, and a tv. Then down the hallway were three rooms.

Omegaa: "We only have one main bathroom up here, so let me know how you'd like to split up the days. This is my bedroom."

On Omegaa's door was a cutely drawn nameplate that looked like a little kid drew it.

Omegaa: "And over here is your room. All I ask is that you don't cause noise and keep things tidy. As for the rest I'll show you later. I need to start opening the daycare."

And without batting an eye, Omegaa left to start the daycare. A-chan entered her room to find that everything of hers was already moved in. All that was left was to unpack everything.

After a while, everything was almost finished. Feeling a bit hot, A-chan went to her window and opened it. Looking out, A-chan could see all of the front of the daycare. It was surely different seeing so many different bright colors for once. A-chan turned to look at her belongings, only to realize that her things were fairly bland. Not really what you would expect a woman's room to be like.

A-chan then started to hear voices coming from outside. Looking out once more A-chan could see little parents coming to drop off their kids. It seemed like all the kids liked Omegaa. Omegaa smiled and properly greeted the parents and their kids as one by one entered. A-chan felt a small squeeze in her chest as she watched Omegaa and their smile.

A-chan: '...so you can greet people properly.'

Just then A-chan heard her door open, revealing a little girl with white and blue hair.

Gura: "A!"

The little girl was surprised that she got caught sneaking in as she quickly ran away.

A-chan: "Hehe, looks like one of them got away from Omegaa. Right then, I should finish unpacking the rest of it."

After awhile of unpacking, A-chan could hear the little kids laughing and crying. Though noisy, it didn't seem all that bad to listen to. A-chan didn't have a bad family, just never as lively. So this was a nice change of atmosphere. At one point after lunch it seemed like everything started to quiet down. When there was a sudden knock at A-chan's door.

A-chan: "Come in."

Omegaa opened the door revealing a small tray of some sandwiches and a glass of tea.

Omegaa: "Sorry to disturb you, I just finished putting everyone to sleep. I brought you some leftover sandwiches, just in case you didn't have lunch."

A-chan could feel a little embarrassed as her stomach let out a small growl. And those 'leftovers' Omegaa called looked like something out of a fancy recipe book.

A-chan: "T-thank you Omegaa."

As Omegaa set the tray down, A-chan could see a small child drawing. Omegaa took notice of A-chan's gaze.

Omegaa: "Ah! My daughter Gura, drew that for you. As a Welcome Home kind of gift."

A-chan smiled at the nice gesture.

A-chan: "I might have already met her. She's the little spy with white hair right?"

Omegaa: "Spy?"

A-chan: "Haha, a few minutes ago I caught her trying to sneak into my room to spy on me."

Omegaa: "I am very sorry about that. I told her not to disturb you while you were busy unpacking."

A-chan: "Its fine. She ran away the moment she got caught."

Omegaa gave a small sigh of relief.

Omegaa: "She so energetic, I don't know where she gets it all."

A-chan: "It just shows you how healthy she is."

Omegaa: "I suppose. Well I should get back to watching the kids. You're free to walk around if you'd like. Just know that the kids will be sleeping for about 30 more minutes."

A-chan: "Thank you, I'll be sure to keep my activities quiet."

Omegaa gave a kind bow as she left A-chan's room. A-chan then took a bite out of the well made sandwich, only to find out that the food didn't just look great but tasted great as well. Little kids here must eat like kings if they get meals like this from Omegaa everyday. A-chan softly let her mind drift away as she thought more about Omegaa.

A-chan: 'I wonder if we can become good friends?'