Last One (Chapter 19)

"Bucky? Darling? Are you ok?"

"Sam, I can't jump."

"Yes you can. I will catch you. I promise."

"Ok" 

Bucky was terrified. He wasn't ready to relive his death memories. The day he lost himself. The day he lost Steve. Bucky didn't trust anyone when he came back, and it was hard for his best friend to soak in.

Fires were burning all around the town, people screaming, crying, and running. Bucky was on top of the building ready to jump. 

"Ok Bucky on three."

"One"

Bucky's life seemed to flash before his eyes.

"Two"

He was ready to go and say goodbye to this world. To Sam, his lover. To Steve. 

"Three"

Bucky's legs acted before he knew.

He was falling. So scared. So afraid to die.

Goodbye, world

He fell even farther.

Goodbye, Steve

His vision became blurred.

Goodbye, Sam

All of a sudden, the falling stopped. He opened his eyes that started crying seconds ago.

"Hey, Bucky."

"Sam? You caught me."

"I'll always catch you, my love."

Bucky looked down and winced shutting his eyes.

"Close your eyes. I'll find somewhere to land."

He nodded and actually fell asleep in Sam's strong arms. He was so content, he didn't want to go anywhere. His husband saved his life. 

"Bucky, we're at the compound. Wake up."

He stirred to find some click of phones and flashes.

"Guys. Come on!" Sam groaned.

"Papa! Daddy!" The twins came running through.

"Hey, you two. Were you good for Aunt Natasha?"

"Yes, and Big Sis was waiting for you too!" Evelyn said.

"Nice to see you back, Sam. Bucky too." Karli hugged her dads.

"I'm happy to be here with Sam, and my three kids." Bucky laughed.

Tony being the party animal he is, wanted to celebrate. Seemed like the war was over now.

"Tony, you must have a screw loose. How many parties have we had?" Bucky asked, holding Grant.

"I don't know. Lost count, really." But they agreed to have a good time. 

And for once, Bucky wasn't afraid.

                                                                   The End

Hey guys I just wanna say thank you for the little support I have for this Fanfic. I'm thinking of doing a Stucky oneshot too, though I would do pure prompts for it. Again thank you so much for sticking around. -Dakota