Chapter 5

I wake up to soft morning light streaming through the window. I process what is happening quickly, and I slowly turn and look at Jareth, not caring to look at the room around me. I look at his sleeping form and I smile slightly. I curl myself closer to him and rest my head under his chin. He stirs, tightening his grip around me. "My love, if you wanted to come closer you could have asked." He whispers this, his voice gruffer from just waking up. "I didn't know if you were awake." He pulls me closer, removing all the space that was once between us. I hold onto him and all I can think to do is bury my face in his hair. "Darling you can always wake me up, I will do anything for you." I hold him tighter. "Why would I wake you up for a hug, that seems ridiculous." He laughs "I said anything my dear." I look at him, "Anything?" I ask this softly, he chuckles "Anything for you, I would create new kingdoms, move the stars, and give you any material good you could ever need as long as you can always be my love." I flush red. "I want one thing." I mumble this "Which is?" He asks this as he sits us up so I am resting against the bed frame as well as his chest. "I want to know more about you, from you. I've read books and such but I want to hear from you about who you really are." I explain this to him and he smiles. He moves the blankets up slightly and wraps them around me. I move closer to him and he holds me gently. "I wasn't always Fae, I was taken here when I was just a babe. The last goblin king turned me into this to rule his kingdom." He has a bitterness in his voice "my mother couldn't make it through the labyrinth to me, but she tried, at least from what I've heard. So I continued the previous king's duty, rule the kingdom until time ends or until I find an heir." I give him a sorrowful glance and I gently comb my hands through his hair. "How long have you been here?" He laughs at my question, not to be rude but to confirm it to himself. "Let me think... at least three hundred years, but this is the first time someone has stayed. I wish for you to be my queen I want to rule with you by my side." I look at him and frown slightly. "What's wrong my darling?" I look at him "I would love to be your queen, but I'm not ready yet...I want to know this world better...and I don't want to be the mother of an heir, I don't want children and I don't want to disappoint you because of that." I spiral a bit with this statement, he carefully moves his hand to face and I stop spiraling and he gives me a soft gaze. He laughs a little to himself and I look a bit confused. "My dear, I didn't want to marry you just for you to be a mother, I would never want to stop my duty as the goblin king if it means you'll be my queen. I would need no heir if you were my queen for eternity." I smile slightly and have a flash of sadness on my face and I lay my head on his shoulder. "But Jareth,I am not immortal, but I would love to marry you one day." He smiles at me "if you marry me it would come at a cost, I would have to turn you into a fae, so you'd become immortal." He snakes his arm around my waist and I look at him with a little surprise. "Jareth, I will marry you one day, but not yet I will need a little while longer, okay?" He smiles at me and kisses my forehead "I will wait as long as you need." This made my heart flutter and I lean over to him and we share a kiss. He separates from me and moves so his legs are hanging off the side of the bed. I do the same and lay my head on his shoulder. He lays his head on mine. "My darling, we should get up, this is wonderful but we should get out of bed at least." I laugh softly and move from his touch. He stands up and offers me his hand.I take it and stand up. He kisses my knuckles, "You should come with as I make sure the kingdom and labyrinth are in working order, this will help you learn more about this world." He says this as we walk toward the door. I smile softly "I would adore that." I give his hand a gentle squeeze before he opens the door. "Go change and I'll meet you for breakfast." I nod and I separate from him, walking over to my room. I turn and see him still watching me, I smile at him before entering me room.

My bed was still in the same state of chaos as when I left last night; the bedding was unmade and on the floor or almost on the floor for the most part. I shut my door behind me and smile at everything that happened. Deep down I feel an aching feeling of anxiety that maybe I'm not making the right decision. I wonder if he truly meant what he said about wanting to marry me, about wanting to be with me forever, and about my world forgetting about me so easily. I shake these thoughts away and walk over to my wardrobe.  I find a poet's shirt and a pair of baggy black pants. I pair it with a belt that matched the outfit perfectly. I shut the door and walk to my bathroom. I look at myself in the mirror, I look different than I did in my world somehow, all of the exhaustion from my face was gone but I feel it still. I examine myself with a critical eye still which I hope will disappear soon knowing that someone truly loves me. I start a bath and quickly bathe. I dry off and wrap myself in the towel. I brush my hair and sigh. I finish getting ready and walk out of my room. I walk across the hall and knock on Jareth's door. The door opens and Jareth looks down at me. He is in an all white outfit with a large cloak. I feel underdressed and I smile at him. "I feel like I'm not fancy enough" I laugh this out and he snaps his figure and his outfit switches to his casual grey pants, and white shirt. "My apologies my dear." I shake my hands "Oh! You didn't have to change you looked so nice! Well you look good either way-" he laughs "Well now we can match." He says this and takes my hand and we walk down the winding stairs to the dining hall. "We aren't completely matching, that would be a little much" he laughs softly and gives my hand a gentle squeeze. "I have to agree with that."
*
*
*
Word count: 1228