Chapter 10: The Secrets of Mega Evolution

Ruby stood waiting for everyone else to come in, and while she did, he spoke with the Town's Gym Leader, Korrina, and her grandfather, Gurkinn.

Before anyone else could say anything, the doors burst open, and the others said, "ROMAN SAVED YOU!?!"

"Took you this long to settle in with it?" asked Ruby.

"Roman?" asked Korrina, "you mean that new criminal that's been popping up, and taking money from all the businesses with that Scrafty, and his partner and her Sylveon?"

"Yeah, they saved me," said Ruby, "they had a score to settle with some people that attacked me. If it wasn't for them, I'd probably be dead."

Unknown, Cinder, Emerald, Mercury, and the Team Rocket Quartet were listening, and they stared with anger at Ruby.

"Now, Professor Sycamore has told me that you seek the secrets of Mega Evolution. But to understand that, who can tell me how Pokemon Evolve?"

"Well," said Weiss, "Some Pokemon evolve by getting stronger in battle."

"Like Charmander," said Ruby, "Charmander starts out small, and as it battles, it evolves into Charmeleon, and then Charizard."

"Others need special conditions, or items to evolve," said Blake.

"Like a Pikachu would need a Thunder Stone in order to evolve into a Raichu," said Ren.

"I'm not doing it!!" snapped Nora, "PIKACHU IS PERFECT THE WAY HE IS!!!!"

Pikachu then nuzzled Nora.

"One Pokemon, called Tyrogue, need different status to evolve into different Pokemon," said Yang, "Like, if Tyrogue's stats are even, it will evolve into Hitmontop. If it has better attack, then it will evolve into Hitmonlee. And if it has better defense, it will evolve into Hitmonchan."

"While some Pokemon," said Jaune, "Only evolve through friendship. Like a Riolu can only evolve into a Lucario if it has been shown enough love."

"Correct," said Gurkinn, "But Mega Evolution is a special type that only occurs in battle."