Mimosas and Oranges

The sweet scent of oranges and sea fill the summer air. The water splashes around Ji Yeong's ankles, the crystal blue water washing both their feets.  She wiggles her toes underneath the soft sand and a soft smile slowly creeps on to her face. She thinks that spending her forever here, with Sae Byeok beside her does not sound so bad.

The wind softly caresses her face , Ji Yeong sighs and breathes in the evening air. The taller girl is standing next to her intently watching the same sunset. But Sae Byeok seems far more absorbed in the view. Almost like she's witnessing it for the first and the last time. But the shorter girl knows that they will be back here tommorow and the day after that.

Sae Byeok turns around and flashes the other girl a smile. Her eyes crinkling around the corners.

Ji Yeong thinks that Sae Byeok looks the prettiest like this, carefree , the golden rays of the wanning sun dancing on her skin making the constellation of stars on her cheeks more pronounced, she looks beautiful. She's simply beautiful , Ji Yeong concludes.

Sae Byeok next plans to take her to the bar at the end of the beach, they'll have a mimosa there. After that they'll dance under the stars and then they'll eat oysters together.
Later when they retire to bed, all the stress leaving their bodies, tangled in eachother's arms, Sae Byeok will ask "Yeong-ah why is the beach always empty?"

And Ji Yeong as always will give her the same answer  " Because this is my after life and here, I get to have everything I've ever wanted with the person I've ever wanted to spend my forever with "

But Byeok would already have fallen asleep by then. Her soft breaths sending shivers down Ji Yeong's neck.

Ji Yeong would kiss her goodnight and she would snuggle upto Byeok and drink in her scent. Finally falling asleep in her arms.

And when they wake up together Byeok won't have remembered anything from the previous day so they'll go to the same beach, eat the same Jeju oranges , watch the same sunset, drink the same mimosas together like they did the day before. They'll do everything together. They'll live their most beautiful dream together. Over and over, until time ceases to exist and forever collapses on itself.

But Ji Yeong doesn't mind that. She chose this forever for a reason. Sae Byeok will always be hers.

🍊🍊🍊

I cross posted this on AO3 so if anyone found it there first then I hope you enjoy re-reading it.

<3 happy reading!