Sixteen.

**December 8th **

It had been a week and a half since Jaleel started working for Kevin and me. He had been such a great help to us. Kevin has also utilized Jaleel for his own use. Whenever Jaleel was done doing his doula job, Kevin and he would work out somewhere. It didn't bother me much, but it took up time.
It was noon, and Jaleel would be on his way over while Kevin was at work. I had my girls Tianna and Kei around to keep me company. I was in my bedroom when my doorbell rang.

"Can one of yall get that?" I shouted from the back.

"Yeah," Kei shouted back. "Well, hello Mr. Fine!" She greeted Jaleel at the door.

"Uh, hi! Is Queen around?" Jaleel asked, being caught off guard.

"Oh yeah, she's in the back. What's your name?" Kei persisted.

"Let the man in!" Tianna yelled at Kei.

"Shh! I'm trying to see something." Kei continued.

"I'm Jaleel. Wheres Queen?" He asked, clutching his water bottle.

"She's in the back. Forgive her. You can sit at the table. I'll go get her." Tianna said, pausing Netflix and walking to my bedroom.

Tianna made her way to my room and said, "Your doula is here. Girl, he's fine!"

"You crazy." I laughed, folding clothes.

"I'm for real. Kei in there making her moves." Tianna laughed, helping me fold the laundry.

"Lord. Doesn't she have a boyfriend already?" I asked.

"I don't know. Last I heard, she hit him with her car after she found him cheating." Tianna gossiped.

"He must've deserved it." I snickered.

"No, ma'am! No violence!" She stated. "Besides, he was ugly anyway."

"Jesus. What am I going to do with you two?" I laughed, putting away the clothes.

"I don't know, but as far as Kei, it looks like she's making progress," Tianna stated, peaking around the bedroom corner.

"Let's go up here," I said, wobbling in my walk.

"And how long you've been living over here?" Kei asked Jaleel.

"Eh hmm." I interrupted the two.

"Queen! There you are! How's baby Mateo?" Jaleel asked, hopping up once seeing me.

"He's great." I hugged him. "I see you two are becoming well acquainted.

"You didn't tell me your doula was fine!" Kei fantasized.

"Damn, I didn't know that was mandatory," I remarked.

"Anyway! So, ready for your walk?" Jaleel asked.

"Yeah, help me put my shoes on please," I told him.

Jaleel helped me with my shoes, and all four of us set off for a trip around the complexes. After our 45 minute walk, the girls parted ways with me, leaving Jaleel and me alone. I expressed how my back bothered me, and he insisted on a massage. He left my house, only to come back 15 minutes later with what seemed to be a table and a huge cushion.