Vampire Batch B

The Vampire/Werewolf genre will be posted by batches.

Congratulations to the winners!

-Winner

DoveDetta - Project Slave: Defect

Title/Cover: 10

Blurb/Prologue: 10

Language/Grammar: 10

Plot: 15

Character Development: 10

Writing Style: 10

Originality/Creativity: 10

Overall Enjoyment: 10

Total Points: 85

The title and cover were very good. The cover went with your title as well as the blurb. The title was original and loved how the blurb was direct, but optimistic showing that there would be twists in the book and it captured your attention. There were some grammar errors, punctuation mostly. Sometimes you want to think comma instead of ending the sentence. EXAMPLE, “I mentally assessed my body to make sure all of me was there. That was the first task in my morning routine.” After all of me was there you should have used a comma for the second sentence to explain why she did what she did in the first. It can be difficult to choose when to combine the sentence and end a sentence. I loved how her life as a slave was described in detail and how she was made that way. How she slowly was changing and couldn’t figure out why she was finally standing up to people like at the academy. The book kept me intrigued and on edge to find out what happened next. There were so many elements involved that brought the story together. 

First runner up

Madame_LaBelle - Vampire Wine

Title/Cover: 10

Blurb/Prologue: 10

Language/Grammar: 7

Plot: 15

Character Development: 10

Writing Style: 10

Originality/Creativity: 10

Overall Enjoyment: 10

Total Points: 82

The title and cover were original and creative and complimented each other. The prologue gave you a sneak peek at what was to come, grabbing your reader’s attention from the start. There were some small grammar errors and a few misspellings but not consistent. The style of writing made the reader feel as if the characters were telling you the story themselves. This allows the reader to enter their world while reading. Your story was your own originality, taking something that has been done like vampires, a very popular topic but still creating your own story. Very creative and original, I loved reading and would buy this book if on a shelf. Keep up the good work!

Second runner up

wolfgirltilly8914 - Hybrid Possession

Title/Cover: 8

Blurb/Prologue: 8

Language/Grammar: 7

Plot: 15

Character Development: 10

Writing Style: 10 points

Originality/Creativity: 10 points

Overall Enjoyment: 10 points

Total Points: 78 points

The Title is alluring but the photo took me a minute to figure out what the picture was. The Blurb was very direct, but also intriguing, making me want to give the book a read. Language/Grammar, there were a few here and there of missing letters in the word or wrong form such as their instead of there. Writing style: loved it made it feel as if they were telling us their story and was very good for this book. Originality/Creativity/enjoyment, there are so many books out there with the same storyline, but this one to me created its own story. It was different than many books I have read in this genre. Every chapter kept you captivated and on a cliffhanger to make you want to read the next chapter. Absolutely loved the book, I would definitely buy it if I saw it on a shelf.

ZephyrDarkMoon

Pure Bloods Book One

Title/Cover: 10

Blurb/Prologue: 10

Language/Grammar: 10

Plot: 15

Character Development: 7

Writing Style: 7 points

Originality/Creativity: 10 points

Overall Enjoyment: 7 points

Total Points: 76 points

The title and cover were unique and original the title definitely draws you in. The prologue/Blurb was direct and made you want to know what happen and learn the story. The plot was original and creative. Much different than most in this genre. The style was life-like, there was a lot of description than usually seen but it also made it to where you could picture it in your imagination. In the first couple of chapters, I got confused about the characters, but it aligned in the following chapters. Definitely creative and original and I really enjoyed reading it. You have a great future ahead. Keep up the good work!