Fantasy Batch A

Congratulations to the batch A winners!

Winners and participants please contact us for the your stickers and prizes.

Winner

THE REST IS RIDDLES by CMF_Wright

Title.5 

Cover.5 

Blurb.9 

Grammar.15 

Plot.14 

Characters.10 

Writing style.10 

Originality.9 

Enjoyment.10 

Total. 87/90

REVIEW. This book was like a well written published New York Times bestseller. I've read some good books here, and this has got to be one of my favorites. The only thing I faulted was the earlier cover, but the recent one looks good. Thanks for this good read. 

First runner up

THE FOX AND THE MERCHANT by  addledwalrus

Title.3.5 

Cover.5 

Blurb.9

Grammar.14 

Plot.14 

Characters.10 

Writing style.10 

Originality.9 

Enjoyment.10

Total. 84.5/90

Review. The title is relevant to the storyline, but it wouldn't hurt adding a creative touch to it. The current one feels too plain to me. The blurb was concise and straight to the point. I hardly noticed any grammatical errors. I was invested in the plot of this story. The characters were likable and genre appropriate. Your writing style is simple, yet effective. This was an interesting read. 

Second runner up

THE LIGHT IN THE DARK by axgirl13

Title.3.5 

Cover.5 

Blurb.9 

Grammar.14 

Plot.14

Characters.10 

Writing style.9 

Originality.10

Enjoyment.9 

Total. 83.5/90

REVIEW. The light in the darkness is a title I've seen too many times so I wasn't really intrigued to read this story because of this reason. But i must admit that I was positively blown away after reading the book. The plot was moving and I felt empathy for the main character. The sentences were woven seamlessly together to craft a beautiful story. The only thing I didn't like about this story was the title, but aside that, I have no other qualms. 

THE GREEN GUARDIAN by CroodsGirl

Title.3.5 

Cover.5 

Blurb.8 

Grammar.14

Plot.14

Characters.9

Writing style.8 

Originality.9

Enjoyment.9

Total. 79.5/90

REVIEW. I like the cover. The way you factored in the basilisk was very stylish. The title is relevant to the storyline, but wasn't very catchy in my opinion. The author's writing style is very simple which makes it easy for every caliber of reader to understand. Grammatical errors were very few. The blurb i find lengthy, though interesting. I would recommend this book to anyone with an attachment to fairy tales and brooding heroes.

OF CAVERNS AND CASTERS by avadel

Cover.4

Blurb.9

Grammar.14

 Plot.14

Characters.8 

Writing style.8 

Originality.8 

Enjoyment.8

Total. 77/90

Review. The title fits with the idea of the story. The cover has bold lettering and the image is visible. It's fairly appealing. The author did a good job editing and grammatical errors were very few. The plot, I find interesting. However, the back and forth switch of perspectives made the pacing seem a little dragged in my opinion. The characters are believable. The writing style of this author is good, but I think the descriptions and use of imagery were just too much. Show, don't just tell. True, true, very true. Where I have a problem is when the showing becomes too much. This tampered with the flow and tripped me up several times. I would have enjoyed this story very much if not for this sole reason. Nonetheless, I think the story was unique. I've come across such a plot before, but the author did a good job weaving it in such a way that it became hers. 

THRONE OF BLOOD AND FLAME by Undergrowths

Title.4 

Cover.3 

Blurb.7 

Grammar.13

Plot.13

Characters.8

Writing style.8

Originality.8

Enjoyment.8

Total. 72/90

Review. The title is okay, but the cover isn't really doing justice to your craft in my opinion. I think you can add a period to prevent the run-on sentences in the blurb. The plot is quite interesting. Your characters seem real, but sometimes, their dialogue feels too on the nose. I spotted small grammar errors, especially the wrong use of dashes. Grammarly Can help in this regard. I think this story has a lot of potential so don't stop writing.