Ch. 1 Heh?!

A/N: Art above is mine. :D

____________________________________________

Technoblade sighs in happiness. The Voices were finally appeased, for now. After Doomsday it was getting harder and harder for Techno to appease the Voices' bloodlust. They always wanted more, and more, and more.

Technoblade manages to walk the long trek to his little cabin in the snowy tundra from the nether. The vast temperature change always gets to him. He was made for exceedingly warm weather, but he always seems to make his home in the snow. It was always difficult on his body, but it's not like he cared too much.

The Blood God's vessel trudges his way up the steps to his door and heavily opening it. His best friend, Phil was already inside with a warm cup of tea prepared for him on the living room table, right in front of the fireplace. Techno heavily shuts the door behind him. Not quite a slam, but clearly close. His exhaustion clear in every one of his heavy movements.

Phil glances up from the book in his hand, and smiles up at Technoblade. "Heya, mate. You doin' alright?"

Technoblade simply drags himself over to the couch across from Phil's armchair and collapses on it with a huff. Phil laughs loudly at Technoblade's reaction, before nudging the cup of warm tea over to the piglin brute hybrid.

"Come on, mate. Drink up. It'll surely make you feel at least a bit better."

Technoblade grunts in acknowledgement, but makes no move to sit up or even grab the cup of tea.

Phil sighs before closing his book, and setting his own cup of tea down, wandering over to Technoblade, and taking a deep breath before heaving Techno up into a sitting position. Technoblade grunts but, goes along easily with Phil's efforts.

"Come on, mate. Drink the tea, please?" Phil tries grabbing Techno's cup of tea and holding it out to Techno. And, Techno just couldn't ever say no to Phil. Not when he asks like that. For Phil? The world.

Technoblade smiles slightly before sighing heavily. "Phil. Come on, Phil. I'm dying over here, let me rest in peace." Techno drawls, a proud smile stretching across his face at Phil's bark if a laugh, as he shifts from a full piglin brute of 8 foot something to a much more reasonable six foot something "human" with pink hair and gold eyes, and a plethora of scars.

Phil gently places the warm cup of tea in Technoblade's hands before sitting next to the taller and leaning on him in contentment. The two really were quite the pair.

Technoblade sips his tea slowly as he closes his eyes. Absolutely nothing could ruin this moment. L'Manburg was a crater down to bedrock. Dream was out of prison and no longer held a favor over his head. Michael was safely under Ghostboo, and Tubbo's protection next door. And, most importantly, Phil was right here, and safe. There was absolutely nothing that could bother him. Nothing that stood a threat.

Technoblade hadn't yet changed out of his battle ready gear which included potions of strength, speed, and a lot of regen because of those damn wither skeletons, two and a half stacks of gapples, a water bucket, his sword, axe, trident, and pickaxes, his enderchest, several wither skeleton sculls, bones, blaze rods, and some gold, and fire resistance potions, all from mob drops or trades, and he even managed to find and barter a few spawn eggs off of the young god Drista. All in all? A pretty good haul.

Just as Technoblade got up to put away his spoils, a bright light of white and black appears under him. Phil stood quickly, shouting out a quick "TECHNOBLADE-!" Right as Techno disappears from the server and world entirely.

Technoblade has left the game.

The world whispers.

Phil collapses to the floor with wide eyes. That magic wasn't anything he'd ever seen before, and Technoblade clearly did not leave the world of his own volition. Now, Phil's best friend was gone. And he wouldn't even get to see his ghost.

Tears slowly drip down Phil's face as he screams out in heart wrenching agony. He hadn't even done this when Wilbur fell on Phil's sword.

Phil's oldest companion, his soulmate, his other half, was gone. And, as far as Phil knew, there was no way of getting him back.

"Well, this took an unexpected turn."