Ch. 9 Wither

It took a good hour for Technoblade to tower up to the top of the Tower of Heaven with Gajeel tagging along. In that time, a huge beam of light shot down from the sky, thankfully, with Technoblade's netherite armor covering himself and Techno covering Gajeel, the two were not hurt. When the two turned back the tower was made of blue crystal.

"Come one, Gajeel. We're almost in pearling range." Technoblade states, pulling out two enderpearls from his inventory, handing one to Gajeel.

Gajeel nods, taking the pearl and follows Technoblade up a little higher until Techno suddenly stops towering up.

"Ready?" Technoblade asks his charge.

Gajeel nods, and the two throw a pearl each at the same time. The two appeared in the middle of a battle.

Jellal stares at the two as Technoblade glances at the dying simon. "Here" the piglin hybrid disguised as a human says throwing a regen potion on the man.

"That should keep him alive." Technoblade mutters, turning to Jellal. "Gajeel. You grab Erza and the slowly healing man and get out of here. I'm assuming Flame Brain isn't going anywhere."

"Hell yeah, I'm not!" Natsu shouts out, slamming his fist into his open hand.

"My monitization...." Technoblade mutters, jokingly. "But in all seriousness, you should really not be here for this. I don't want you to get targeted, if this'll even work."

Natsu shakes his head. "I'll back off when your area of attack spell is ready."

"More like a summon, but okay!" Technoblade mutters.

Jellal rolls his eyes before raising his arms, summoning a large amount of magical energy, then firing the spell directly at Technoblade. "Really? Discussing your battle tactics in front of your enemy?"

Technoblade for his part, simply raised his sword and cut through the magic. "Well, I'd hardly call you an enemy. Maybe a small inconvenience, but definitely not an enemy."

Jellal growls and casts another magic spell at Technoblade, only to be shocked when Natsu, whom he had been ignoring launches himself up and punches Jellal straight in the jaw. Technoblade smiles and pulls out his enderchest and places it down, reaching inside and pulling out three wither skeleton sculls and some soul sand.

Stacking the soul sand precisely, then perching the three skulls on top of the precariously built tower of sand.

A bright flash of light appears and the soul sand glows before falling away revealing a long spine and a large ribcage all attaching the three skulls to the rest of the horrid things body.

Immediately, the thing screeches and a blast of light comes from one of it's skulls, aiming for Jellal.

Then, something strange happens, one of the skulls turns to Technoblade and asks him a question. "My Lord, why have you summoned me?"

Technoblade blinks before straightening and pointing at Jellal. "Can you take care of that hypocrite for me?"

The skeletal monster turns all three heads to look at Jellal, before turning back to the Blood God's vessel. "Why would you need my help, godling? This insect is far below us."

That made Jellal and Natsu freeze before slowly turning to Technoblade in shock and disbelief. Technoblade sighs and shakes his head. So much for keeping that a secret.

"It doesn't really matter anymore. Mind dispatching of him and this tower for me, preferably without making it go boom?" Technoblade says, tapping the wall nearest to him. "This thing is packed full of nuclear magic power, ready to go off at the slightest hint of something going wrong."

"As you wish, God of Blood."

With that, the fight truly begins. The Wither flys up above Jellal and begins to fire at him. Jellal clumsy dodges, just nearly missing a fatal shot.

Jellal fires a spell,hoping to kill it, but the thing barely takes any damage. The two beings trade blows for the better part of half an hour before the Wither manages to exhaust Jellal and fires at the overconfident wizard one final time.

A blast to Jellal's chest sends him flying off the edge of the tower and into the icy waters below. Technoblade then looks at the Wither and nods. It's job is done.

The skeletal boss monster nods back before crumbling away in soul sand. Technoblade then turns to the tower, and stabs his sword through the ground. The floor of the tower hisses as Magical energy is being disbursed. Again, and again, Technoblade slashes and stabs the floor of the tower.

"Natsu!" Technoblade shouts, "Get the hell out of here! This place will explode, but I'mma reduce the damage it'll cause."

Natsu's eyes widen and he shakes his head. "No way! I'm not just gonna leave you here to die, man!"

Technoblade chuckles slightly. How long has it been since someone was concerned about him dying? "Don't worry about me, kid. Technoblade never dies."

With that, Technoblade pushes Natsu, gently, urging him to leave. Natsu growls and grabs Technoblade's hand. "If I'm leaving, you're coming with me." Natsu states stubbornly.

"What? No!" Technoblade protests, swinging his sword again. "I need to keep slashing away at the magical energy in this and reduce it enough to not absolutely obliterate the content!"

Natsu shakes his head and tugs Technoblade's arm, urging him to follow. "No! You're. Coming. With. Me."

Technoblade sighs, but finally relents. The kid was on the brink of tears. There's no way he could do this to the kid. Technoblade pulls out his Trident and grabs Natsu.

The two take a running start, then jump out of the tower. Technoblade turns, and makes sure Natsu is above him so that he can take the brunt of the impact when they hit the water. His armor will protect him.

Natsu screams the whole way down, but when the impact came, nothing hurt? Technoblade grins up at Natsu, and grabs his Trident, propelling the two out and away from the tower.

Sure enough, there was a pretty large explosion that took out the island and a good portion of the sea, but it didn't reach the Fairy Tail members and Erza's friends.

"Technoblade! You did it!" Natsu shouts excitedly, hugging the brute of a man.

Technoblade chuckles and ruffles Natsu's hair. "Told you. Technoblade never dies."