Droplets Of Hope | Myoui Mina

Requested? | Yes✅
Christopher_Parker

Genre | Romance/Fantasy

Word Count | 6021

It's the first time someone requested me to write a fantasy, so this made me really happy! I'm so sorry it took so long, I hope you like it!❤️

-

Rain wasn't a bad thing─ Myoui Mina thought...

In fact, she loved the rain when she was younger.
The solace she found within it,
The subtle noise it created,
And the cool feeling in the air it brought to her.

But now that she's older, she can't help but hate it─

"It's probably Mina's fault..."

She can't help but hate herself...

It was a common thing for people to blame her. A rumor spread around the school that she was the cause of all the gloomy weather, which led everyone to avoid her.

She wanted to deny them, but couldn't since they weren't wrong─ the weather reflects her emotions. If she's in a bad mood, it starts to rain and if she's happy, it turns sunny. It makes her wonder how they even found out her secret...

"A rainy day as usual" Mina muttered while wiping away the tears in her eyes. She hated it whenever people talked shit behind her back, especially when it's her ex-friends.

The rumor wasn't even confirmed, but they already abandoned her the moment they found out. Since then, she's been alone and gloomy. No one bothered reaching out to her, her parents tried their best to cheer her up but their attempts brought her the smallest amount of joy.

She washed her face and waited for her puffy eyes to go back to normal, then left the restroom shortly after. Her strides were short but rushed, she avoided all the stares pinned on to her before entering her empty classroom.

Everyone else was at the cafeteria, she was the only one who went straight to an isolated area to eat then return to class. She's gotten used to this kind of lifestyle, the rumor that started months ago hasn't died down one bit and had drastically affected her daily life.

She didn't want to care at this point, but seeing all those judging eyes on her made it hard to ignore. She's just glad she found comfort in her books, if not then the entire city would've been in one hell of a storm by now.

Releasing a sigh, Mina pulled out the novel she's been reading from her backpack and flipped through the pages. Once she began reading, the rain slowly stopped as the sun's brilliant rays slipped through the gaps between the clouds.

"You seem to be having fun there" A voice that popped out of nowhere spoke while tapping her shoulder.

Mina shrieked and flinched, almost falling out of her chair due to the shock. Her book that fell out of her hands was picked up by whoever was behind her as they hummed.

"Is this good? I haven't read it before, where'd you buy it?"

Mina instantly recognized who it was after turning around. Y/n L/n, her classmate and a fellow bookworm, was skimming though the novel while bombing her with questions.