Chapter 7: Boat Ride

——————————🐉——————————

Back on the boat, Ray was anxiously looking in the water for Sisu.

"Sisu? Sisu?" He whispered.

Sisu emerged from the water and sighed happily.

"Please, get out of there." Ray pleaded.

"I'm a water dragon. This is water. It's sort of my thing. You wanna come in?"

"Someone could see you." Ray gritted.

"Oh, do you mean Captain Pop and Lock over there? What you scared he's gonna challenge me to a dance battle? I'd be more worried about him trying to steal your girl." She joked.

"What? That's ridiculous. There's no way she'd leave me for a kid." Ray's eyes widened as he realized what he just said. "T-That is...if we were dating...b-but we're not, s-so...I don't care."

Sisu raised her eyebrow knowingly, before she popped up over the side of the boat. Ray jumped in front of her to hide her. Ray looked over at Boun who was banging on pots and pans with a spoon while (Y/n) watched him.

Ray looked back over at Sisu. "Sisu, I saw people lose their minds over a Dragon Gem. Can you imagine what they'd do over an actual dragon? Look, we need you to make this work. Until we have all the gem pieces, you need to stay human. Please." Ray begged.

"Wow, you really got some trust issues." Sisu noted.

"Look, our father's blindly trusted people, and now, they're stone." Ray said.

"Hey, we'll get your ba's back." Sisu turned human and climbed back onto the boat. "I got you dude. Come on, who's your dragon?"

Ray gave her a look. "I mean, human. Because I'm gonna be a human until...yeah, you...you get it."

Suddenly, Boun came up behind them and pushed them into seats at a table along with (Y/n).

"Ok, who's hungry?" He asked.

"Oh! I am!" Sisu said.

"Three house specials. How spicy would you like it? Hot, hotter, or Boun goes the dynamite?"

"Bring on the heat!" Sisu shouted.

"Yeah, no. No, I don't think so." Ray said, pulling away (Y/n) and Sisu's bowls and examining it.

"Uh, what are you doing Ray?" (Y/n) asked with a raised brow.

"We don't know him. It could be poison." Ray whispered.

"Why would he poison us?" Sisu asked in hushed tone.

"Yeah, why would I poison you?" Boun said.

"First, to get my jade bag, second, to steal my sword, third, to kidnap my Tuk Tuk, and fourth, I don't know, to kidnap (Y/n)." Ray listed.

"You sound jealous." Sisu whispered in a teasing voice.

"I am not!" Ray hissed.

"All good points, but if this is poison...you're gonna die happy." Boun told him.

"Yeah, thanks, but we got our own eats." Ray said, pulling out his jerky and taking a bite. "Right (Y/n)?"

Ray looked over and saw (Y/n) digging into the food Boun gave her.

"(Y/n)!" Ray scolded.

"What?! I'm starving! And I'm sorry, but I would rather go face to face with a Druun than eat another bite of that jerky. It's not good and you know it." She retorted.

"Are you feeling ok? Do you feel sick? Nauseous? Too hot? Too cold? Too-." Ray was cut off when (Y/n) shoved a spoonful of her food in his mouth.

Ray coughed after he swallowing and gave her a slight glare.

"See? It's fine. It's not poison. You're not gonna die." She promised.

"But...but..."

"Don't you trust me?" She looked up at him with big doe eyes and gave him a warm smile.

Ray just huffed and ate from his bowl silently. Trying not to think about how easily she can persuade him.

"Mmm. This is delicious." Sisu complimented as she poured some spice into her bowl. "And by the way, not poison." She took a bite. "But it's....really...it's hot. Ooh! It's hot! It's hot! It's really hot! Oh my! Oh! Water! Boun? Captain Boun? We need water on deck!" Sisu shouted as Ray and (Y/n) laughed at her.

...

Namaar and his warriors were making their way back to Fang when they suddenly stopped. In a field were a bunch of stone dragons. They slowly walked through the field and once they reached the end, Namaar made a circle with his hands and saluted the dragons.

...

It was night time now, and the crew could see the Druun slinking around in the trees. Ray was sharpening his sword and Tuk Tuk whined.

"I know buddy."

(Y/n) was sitting next to him and she gripped his arm and scooted closer to him. He wrapped and arm around her and pulled her close.

"You know, during the day, you can almost forget they're here, but at night...this is why I never leave the boat." Boun said.

"You're a smart kid." Ray complimented.

"What are Druun anyways?" He asked.

"A plague." Sisu explained. "Born from human discord. They've always been here. Waiting for a moment of weakness to attack. They're like the opposite of dragons. Instead of bringing water and life to the world, they're like a relentless fire that consumes everything in its wake until there's nothing left but ash and stone."

"They took my family." Boun said.

"They took mine too." Sisu confessed.

Sisu grabbed four flowers and put them in the water on respect for her siblings. Boun took some flowers for his family and placed them in the water. Ray and (Y/n) came over and each took one flower for their Ba's and placed them in the water with the others.

Everyone looked up and saw a glow in the distance.

"Looks like we're here." Boun announced. "So, where you guys heading after Talon? I might be heading there too. I mean, for a few of course."

"Of course." Ray and (Y/n) snickered.

——————————🐉——————————