jealous daughter (requested)

JinSoul watched out the window as she waited for her friend to pull into the driveway.

Today marks the first day she has the chance to see this friend in quite a while, due to the girls having a comeback soon and spending the time she has off with you and your six-year-old daughter.

So she's as excited as can be to finally reunite with her friend, as well as the one-year-old child of hers.

"Can we watch cartoons?" Your daughter asked as she looked between you and JinSoul.

"Sure, honey. You and I will watch them together." You smiled as you finished up the dishes and walked to your little girl, who sat at the table eating a healthy snack as she played a game on your phone.

"What about mom?" She pouted as she looked at JinSoul.

"Oh, I would, sweetie. You know I would. But I have a friend coming by that I haven't seen in a while. I'm going to spend a couple of hours with her. But, tonight, we'll watch some cartoons together. Okay?"

She nodded at JinSoul and returned her attention to the game just as the sound of car doors closing outside was heard.

"They're here!"

She rushed to the front door and quickly opened it while you shook your head with a smile, happy that she finally gets to spend some time with a friend outside of Loona.

"How about those cartoons?" You asked with a smile, holding your hand out for your daughter to take.

She happily got out of the chair, handing your phone to you, before wrapping her small fingers around yours.

You entered the living room and walked to the sofa, quickly turning on her favorite cartoon.

But her attention wasn't on the tv for long. You knew something was off because she wasn't paying any attention to the show when it's her absolute favorite and she's always so focused on watching every second of it when it plays.

You frowned and ran your fingers through her hair before looking where she was looking.

"Everything okay, sweetie?"

She shrugged her small shoulders, turning her gaze away from what she once struggled to look away from. She was pouting and you quickly realized why.

JinSoul sat on the floor beside her friend and her small child, playing with them and cooing over how precious they are.

"Aren't you just adorable? You've gotten so big since I last saw you. You're so cute!"

"Hey," you softly whispered to your little girl, hand gently falling onto her shoulder. "Why are you sad?"

She didn't say anything. She just continued to pout.

You had a feeling that you knew what this was about though. Your daughter is very clingy with JinSoul. She loves you to pieces but there's no denying that JinSoul is her best friend and her role model in life so far and you always think it's the most precious thing.

To see her mom paying so much attention to someone that isn't her and to hear her cooing and giving so many compliments to this young child must make your little girl feel very jealous as she's the one that's used to that.

"Are you jealous that mom is paying attention to them instead of you?" You quietly asked your daughter and she nodded.

You cleared your throat to get JinSoul's attention. She looked over at you and you nodded to the kitchen, wordlessly telling jer that you need to talk.

You got up, kissing your daughter's head softly, and when you walked into the kitchen JinSoul followed.

"What is it, baby?" She asked as she began to rub your arms, fingertips softly brushing across your skin.

"We've got a jealous little girl."

She looked surprised and peeked out into the living room, noticing the pout on your daughter's face.

"Why?"

"Babe, why do you think? You are her whole world. She's got you wrapped around her little finger. She is so used to you showering her with attention that seeing someone else get it from you makes her a little sad."

"I didn't think she'd get jealous." She confessed with a sad tone. "I know she can be clingy but I didn't think she'd get so sad if I paid attention to someone else."

"I'm not saying that you can't or that you shouldn't pay attention to your friend's kid, because you should, but our little girl is very unhappy that since they arrived your attention is not on her. You're not cooing over her, giving her hugs and kisses, spending time with her. She's not exactly used to that."

JinSoul nodded her head understandingly.

"Okay. I'll make this better." She promised and kissed your cheek delicately before walking back into the living room.

Your daughter lifted her head and looked at the two of you as you entered the room again. She lowered her gaze again, thinking JinSoul would go back to the kid and you'd sit beside her.

But, to her surprise, JinSoul took a seat beside her as did you.

"Hey, angel." JinSoul smiled and kissed your little girl's forehead, running her fingers through her hair. "I'm sorry if I made you feel sad or jealous about paying attention to them."

"It's okay." She responded.

"You know you're my little girl, right? You're my best friend and even if I spend time with someone else, that doesn't change."

Your daughter grinned from ear to ear, the gaps between some of her teeth showing as some of her baby teeth came out recently and her real ones are starting to appear.

"Besides," JinSoul put her lips to your daughter's ear to speak something that stays between them. "You're cuter."

Your little girl giggled and JinSoul's heart fluttered.

"You're the cutest little girl and even if I spend time with someone else, I haven't forgotten about you and I'm not replacing you or anything like that. You're my little princess, my ultimate best friend, and no one in the world will ever come between us. Okay?"

She held her pinky out and smiled brightly as your daughter wrapped hers around it.

"They're going to head home in about an hour or so because they have things to do and can't stay long. Once they go, it's you and me and mommy. You make plans for whatever your heart desires and we will do it. Okay?"

"Promise?"

"I promise, cutie!" JinSoul grinned and kissed your daughter's forehead a few more times. "I love you very much."

"Love you!" Your little girl excitedly said and leaned against you as JinSoul returned to her friend, much happier now with the promise of getting to spend time with both of you so soon and all of JinSoul's attention being back on her, just as she likes.