Baby on Board

Emilia Pov:

I got out of my 2019 Mazda3, grabbed my book bag, and proceeded to the doors of Mystic Falls as soon as I arrived at school. I don't much enjoy school, but I've recently been looking forward to going. I approach Maya, who is standing by her locker, conversing with Brittany and her brother. "Olá, bom dia!" I greet them in my own tongue. As Andi walks past, hearing me, she says, "Hola, Hermosa," without even stopping, but making short eye contact with me.

"That tension was scorching," Brittany says as I look at Andi walking away, and Maya stares at me with surprise, "Is that why you don't have a date to homecoming?" She says it with a grin. "No, I can't attend homecoming alone with my best friend," I say grinning as we walk off to class, she replies, "Yea whatever, I hope you don't mine third wheeling." "If you don't chick out on asking Josie," I add, laughing, and Brittany butts in, "Josie?" "I thought you were dating Finch," she says. "That's what I said," Ethan continues. Maya scoffs and says, "Finch and I broke up a while ago, how many times do I have to repeat it?"

"We'll, not to sabotage your intentions, but I'm pretty sure Santana mentioned Josie was going Hope." Brittany expresses her concern. "Hope? Isn't she in a relationship with Landon? "Why don't they go together ?" Maya is perplexed and asks Brittany. Brittany spins into our first period, "I'm very confident they broke up." Maya gives Ethan and I a defeated expression, and I shrug my shoulders, not knowing who Hope was, before walking into class.

Maya gets kissed on the side of the head by Ethan, who wraps his arm around her. I overhear him say, "Sorry sis." They then proceed to class, with Ethan taking a seat next to Brittany and Maya taking a seat close to me. Andi arrives a few minutes later, late as usual. "Sorry, I got lost," she lies. Mr. Dovanon sighed and returned his attention to the board. "It's fine, please have a seat."

Andi took her seat across from me at the table once more. I smelled marshmallow, vanilla, and caramel as she walked past me. She had such a sweet scent. She vapes while wearing her beats around her neck. Mr. Dovanon responds, "Andi, put the vape away." As I chuckle, she responds, "Ay Ay captain." I look over to Maya and ask whether she's all right. She responds with a smile and a yes.

My phone then goes off as I look at it. "@nn.x.andi has liked you picture" I smile and open my phone to discover it was a picture from a few months back. "Stalker much?" I text her. "Busted" she replied, I go to her instagram and follow her, scrolling through her page. "Could you get any hotter" I ask aloud, despite the fact that the class is dead silent. "Excuse me, Emilia?" I say as I gaze up to a staring class, and Mr. Dovanon expresses his thoughts. I make the mistake of saying, "No, Mr. Dovanon, I was talking about Andi." I'm slamming my head against the wall in my head as soon as it left my mouth. Did I just say that? "Yes, Yes I can?" says Andi in a text. As she grins at me, I look up, embarrassed.

Maya Pov:

"What?"  Emilia ask as we walk to our next lesson.. "Could you possibly get much hotter?" I tease. "Oh, shut up," she says, jokingly striking my arm. We parted ways, and I entered my next class, sitting next to Finch. Because of that, I despise this class; we chose these seats when we were dating, and it was cute at the time, but now it's awful. When I open my phone, I see a poster of Hope and Josie on Santana story. I sigh and slide down my seat, placing my phone face down.

I started to think to myself, but was interrupted by Finch's speech. I despised this class not only because I was seated next to Finch, but also because it was a health class; how much more embarrassing could it get when we got to the Sex Ed section? The teacher placed a dummy baby on out desk. "So, do you want me to take him first or do you want to take him first?" She ask. I say, "I'm pretty sure it's a girl." "Well, let's find out," Finch says, regretting it as soon as she undoes the diaper and the boy pees in the air, landing on her clothes. I laughs, then snaps her neck and stares at me.

"How about I take him tonight and we switch in the morning." I suggest, transferring the pretend infant to me. Finch rubs her shirt off and replies, "Thank you." "What shall we call him?" I inquire of Finch. "Are we naming it?" she asks, rolling her eyes. "Yes, How about" I continue, only to be interrupted by Finch's "Finch Jr." I glance at her in disbelief, "I don't think so, How about August?" I ask, smiling at Finch. "I like that, Auggie for short?" she suggests, raising an eyebrow. "Yea, okay." I say.

After class, I grab the baby bag and the baby in the car seat from the teacher, swinging the bag across my body, and place the car seat on my arm. When Ethan sees the fake baby, he says, "Woah, when did I become an Uncle?" He takes the car seat and holds it for me, saying, "I knew I should've picked Health glass instead of gym." "That's fine, because you'll be helping me," I tell Ethan. "Um no," he says as he returns the baby to me before fleeing.

I laugh as I reattach the fake infant to my arm. Mr. Saltzman is then seen conversing with one of the teachers. "Hey," I remark as I pass past him, pausing. "Aw, is this your kid, Maya?" He says this while attempting to look at the car seat. "Yes, I mean no, not really," i says, as he looks puzzled. "It's for health class, you know, teaching us "responsibilities." I explain "That's a great lesson; I'm going to have to steal that for my students." he says seriously . As I hear the bell ring, I say, "Yea, we'll I've got to go off to class before I'm late." As he returns to the teacher, he says, "Nice chatting to you Maya."

N/O Pov:

Ethan approaches Andi in study hall and invites her to play pool with him on iMessage. Being unable to complete any homework. While she is playing, she receives a text from Emilia, "Hola! "Would you like to meet up later?" "Hey, and Yea," Andi answered as she opened up Instagram before returning to the game for her turn. Emilia and Andi discuss their plans for the day. While waiting for Andi's turn, Ethan decided to research vampire history. Interested in learning more about the creatures of the night

Maya's baby began to cry in class, which irritated everyone because other children in the class began to cry as well. Maya was already kicking herself for taking the baby first. "Hey, the bottle isn't in here, did you happen to see it?" she texts Finch. "Yea, sorry, it's in my bag," Finch replied. "Would you like me to drop it off?" Finch responded. "Yes, please," she answered, "this baby is getting on my nerves." Maya informs Finch of her whereabouts as Finch delivers the baby bottle to her.

*Later that day*

"You know, even though she has a date to hers, you could still invite Josie to come to our homecoming," Emilia tells Maya. Maya explains, "Yea, but I'm not going to." Emilia responds, "Because you're scared." Maya rolls her eyes at Emilia and adds, "Please, you just want me to ask so you can ask her about your music." Emilia pretends to be hurt by placing her hand on her chest. Emilia half genuinely says, "No, because I want you to be happy." Maya says, "Yea, Yea." "So, who are you going with?" Emilia ask. "You of course, my best friend," Maya says as she leaps onto Emilia. "What happened to me third wheeling?" Emilia chuckles, then stands up as Maya baby begins to cry.

Emilia responds, "Well, that's my cue to start going." "No, please stay and help me," Maya sighs. Emilia laughs, "I told you not to take health, plus I have a thing," she explains. Maya inquires. Emilia puts her shoes on and says, "Just a thing." Maya grins, "Mmm, have fun with Andi," she says as Emilia hurries out after giving her the finger. "Maya, take care of your baby or take out the batteries," Ethan yells as he watches football.