Chapter 13: Close

Jungkook's pov

The car fell silent. Lee tries to speak, but nothing came out.

"You know I love you." My mom speaks first. "But I can't do this if you won't work with Jungkook. You see how he has accepted us. You should be doing the same."

"He's lying to you, woman! God, how can you be this stupid!"

She gasps a little at his response and quiets down.

"You know what? Drop me off right here. I'll take a train."

"Whatever."

He pulls over to a nearby gas station that was also located by a subway. My mom speaks to me before she closes the door.

"Jungkook...Lee will take you back to the house. Lee, don't you dare come inside with him. You need to stay away for a few days."

"There's no need. I'll get a ride from Namjoon. He asked me to stop by for...something work related."

She nods. "Be safe."

"So You're gonna just let him run off? What the hell?"

"He'll be fine. Goodbye."

She shuts the door and left me and Lee in the car together.

"Yeah...I'm just gonna leave now."

"Are you happy, Jungkook?" Lee asks. "You've broken us apart."

I roll my eyes. "You did this to yourself. Don't fucking blame me."

I step out and shut the door. Lee speeds off, obviously not caring about my safety. I could see my mom walking slowly in the distance and she did not care to look back.

I pull out my phone to give Namjoon a call. It rung not even twice before he answered.

"Jungkook, hey. Everything okay?"

"Actually no." I sighed. "My mom and Lee had an argument and she told him to get lost for now."

"Isn't that good news? I thought you hated him."

"I mean, it's not like he's gone forever. It's temporary most likely. Anyways I'm calling because she got out of the car and walked to the substation. I'm assuming Lee's going back home so-"

"Where are you, Jungkook?" He interrupts me with a stern tone.

"I got out of the car and Lee drove off. I was hoping you would come-"

"I'll have Woo come and pick you up. Tell me exactly where you are."

I look around to find a street sign and told Namjoon. The way he immediately knew I needed someone to pick me up was astounding. He didn't even hesitate.

"Don't talk to anyone. Sit on a bench until Woo gets there. Call me if anything happens. Do you understand?"

"Yeah, I got ya."

"Yes, what?" He teases.

I bite my lip harshly. "Yes sir."

"Good. See you when you get here."

Namjoon hangs up and I patiently sit, waiting for Woo to drive up. Namjoon really wasted no time trying to make sure I was safe. I know I told him being together wasn't smart, but he's totally not afraid to show how much I matter to him.