NINETEEN SEVENTY-FIVE

AUGUST• NINETEEN SEVENTY-FIVE

Stella observed the ripples in a vast lake stretch beyond vision as she sat against the surface edge, indifferently throwing rocks in the moving waters

Viola crossed her mind; she knew her grandmother was worried sick as she had been gone for hours.

Guilt lingered in her heart, preventing Stella from returning home and apologizing. She cried a few times when she dwelled back onto the family dinner.

She couldn't believe how horrid she treated her
family; that was unlike her, so reckless with her words. The only person she did not feel she owed her redemption to was Michael. He would go straight to the depths of hell before he ever received an apology from her. Just the thought of him deepened her rage.

The betrayal he unknowingly inflicted made Stella question their entire relationship.

Her soft hands palmed her eyes; she couldn't contain her tears; it was too painful even to try.

Unbeknownst to Stella, she was being watched by Michael, who hid behind an oak tree.

He assumed Stella would come back home after
she gained composure over herself, but as the
day deepened, he grew deeply concerned on her whereabouts, as was the rest of the family.

Michael decided it was best to look for her instead of waiting for something terrible to possibly occur.

It was dark out, and Stella was a beautiful blooming flower that could get snatched from the garden if the wrong hands came across. As Michael searched for Stella endlessly, he came across many dead ends
that grew his frustrations.

In this feeling of distress, Michael quieted his inner concerns and deeply pondered on where Stella could be when Suddenly Love Lake appeared in his mind. This hidden space was sacred for Michael and Stella;
it was their sanctuary and the only place where they could love openly without the fear of being caught.

The Lake's real name was Lake St. Catherine, but after Michael and Stella discovered the enchanting waters a few years back, they decided to call it Love Lake.

A monument that represented their intense feelings
of deep affection. Michael's heart tightened at the sight before him; he didn't understand why Stella was so distraught. In her sadness, Michael would constantly be reminded of a helpless angel he would always come and save. So many times, he saved Stella.

It was second nature to him now.

The sound of branches crumbling and feet being buried into the earth sent a chill down Stella's spine.