NINETEEN NINETY-ONE

JULY•NINETEEN NINETY-ONE

Lenny Kravitz as Azriel Hayes

Unwinding on a Thursday Afternoon, Stella curled herself up in a tribal-patterned hammock

curled herself up in a tribal-patterned hammock.

The steam of a baked apple pie rested on the windowsill, gently passing her nostrils when a breeze occurred. Stella had been in her hometown for about three weeks and was adjusting just fine.

Her days included reading romance novels,
spending time with some of her family, And cooking. One thing that slightly annoyed Stella was Michael; he would Always call her no matter the hour of the day.

Early mornings or late nights, it would always
be the exact timbre of alleviation Stella heard in Michael's voice when she answered the phone.

Unbeknownst to Stella, Michael was paranoid
about her vanishing again, which contributed
to his persistent calls or unexpected visits.

She didn't appreciate her solitude being disrupted; however, Stella couldn't deny the hidden jubilation she felt when Michael came over to spend time with her.

She was reminded of their youth when
the pair would stay up late nights watching
Different Strokes in their grandmother's living
room while sharing a box of Pralines. Stella missed
those days, something she would never tell him.

On the weekends, Michael would cut the grass
at his late grandmother's home. Usually, he'd hire someone to do it, but since Stella was back, Michael
used any reason he could to be nearby.

Inconspicuously, Stella would watch through
the kitchen window before bringing out a cold glass
of freshly handcrafted lemonade. Stella would add sugar and a strawberry to the rim by decorating the glass. Something about the way Michael beamed at Stella as she sauntered towards him with the lemonade in her hands made the pit of her stomach tighten.

Lifting the rim to his thin lips, his eyes never failed
to leave her visage. With a playful wink from Michael, Stella's eyes went to heaven, but her heart plummeted straight To hell. His lips reddened from the strawberry he'd eaten after consuming the lemonade made Stella want to taste him. He was a messy eater, so the juices from the strawberry would always roll from the corner of his lips down to his chin. Stella used her tongue to lick up the saccharine juice from the corners of his mouth, tasting at his flesh. Michael enjoyed the tease.

"Hello there." An unfamiliar voice made itself
known, removing Stella from her daydream.

Looking leftward, she noticed a light skin male
with long thick locks that were a bit feral.