Blood Calls to Blood

"Dad?"Jace asked.

"Son." Michael said as he stepped out of the closet.

They hugged each other and both Clary and I were shocked and happy at the same time.

"Oh ,Jace. I can't believe it. Son, you're hurt. How did you find me?" Michael said before checking Jace over.

"You're dead. Valentine killed you. Valentine's... Valentine's here." Jace mumbled.

"No, Jace. It's me. (Michael then looked over to Clary and me) I'm Michael Wayland. I'm Jace's father. Look, I know what Jace told you, but I've been here for ten years. Valentine took off and left me." Michael said.

"And Jocelyn Fairchild?" Clary asked.

"He took her with him. You are?" Michael replied before looking between me and Clary.

"I'm Clary, her daughter, and this is Scarlett Sageman. Meliorn, the Seelie, told me that he was here with her." Clary replied.

Jace began to collapse, but Michael held him up.

"Jace ,no!" Clary exclaimed.

"It's Ravener venom. He kept telling us that he was all right." I added.

"We have to find your father, not my father. Valentine's..." Jace started mumbling.

"His stele. Where is it?" Michael asked as he started looking.

Michael then grabbed the tarot card of the Mortal Cup, but Clary took it back.

"Back pocket." Clary said.

"Back pocket. Got it." Michael repeated before pulling out Jace's stele.

Michael then tries to activate the same rune that I did, but it wasn't doing anything.

"What's wrong?" Clary asked.

"The rune is weak." Michael replied.

"Ravener venom must be spreading. We have to get him help. We... We closed the portal." Clary said.

"Valentine's got a standing portal. Let's go." Michael said.

Something is wrong with this picture. Why would Valentine leave a standing portal out in the open? I hope I'm wrong, but I really don't think that this man is really Jace's father.

Clary went to grab Jace's saber and I helped Michael with Jace. I fel tJace tighten his arm slightly around my shoulders, and I didn't know how to react.

"Hey, Jace, stay with me." I said as I lightly nudged him.