Dead Man's Party

The gang and I walked back into the Institute and I couldn't help but worry about Scarlett and Simon. The others aren't too thrilled either, but I could tell that they were going to do everything to get Scarlett and Simon back.

"I still don't understand. How can Shadowhunters be better than.... than what you people call mundanes?" Clary asked.

"Because we protect humans." Izzy replied.

"You're right. Humans. You protect humans. You left Simon all alone in the van and made Scarlett go off on her own. Great job, guys. You rock." Clary sighed while going after Izzy.

"There is some truth to the idea that human beings should have a modicum of common sense."Alec said.

Clary scoffed and that made me want to slap the bitch.

"Alec, not now." Izzy said.

"Look, they won't do anything to Simon or Scarlett. They just wanted to draw you out. They want the Cup, and they think you have it." Jace said.

"But why do they think that? Why does anyone think that? What, my mom lies to me my entire life except, "Oh, by the way, there's this magic cup, I hid on, like, the planet Bongo, but don't tell anyone." What am I supposed to do now?" Clary sighed.

"We have to report to the Clave." Alec said.

"Great." I sighed.

I knew that if we told the Clave then this situation could possibly get worse.

"They have to know what we've learned about Valentine." Alec said.

"What, that he's my father? Great. Fine. Tell them. What good does that do Simon or Scarlett?" Clary asked.

"Clary. It's all connected. The vamps want the Cup." Jace replied.

"Why? It makes new Shadowhunters." Clary said.

"Nobody wants Valentine forming an army loyal to himself." Alec said.

"Plus, it controls demons." Izzy added.

"They'll propose a trade. Simon and Scarlett for the Cup." I said.

"So, the vampires will trade Simon and Scarlett for the Cup and Valentine will trade my mother for the Cup. Either way, I lose someone that I love. What if I just toss it up in the air and let them fight it out among themselves?" Clary said.

"So this doesn't matter to you?" Alec asked.

"Yes, of course, it matters! Listen... when you saved my life... I put my trust in you. Now, I need you to put your trust in me. I can't turn into what you are overnight." Clary said as she looked at Jace.

I knew right then that she was trying to guilt trip Jace. This bitch is lucky that I care about Scarlett or I wouldn't even be lifting a finger to help her.

"It's true. She was raised as a mundane." Izzy said.

"What are you, her spokesman now?" Alec asked as he looked at his sister.

"I don't need a spokesman, I need a plan." Clary replied as we all walked further into the Institute.

*End of POV*

"Hello! Anyone? I'm just an accounting student. I have no value to anyone. And I barely saw your face, so if you let me go. I couldn't even identify you. Not that I would, 'cause you guys are vampires! Who would believe me? I didn't even know you guys existed until yesterday!" Simon said as he pounded on the door of our 'prison' and then walking around the room.