Moo Shu to Go

I decided to go check on Clary because I figured that she would want to talk to me. When I got there, I saw Clary throw her necklace on the bed.

"Everything alright?" I asked as I entered her room.

"He spoke to me." Clary replied.

All I did was hug her because I knew that's exactly what she needed. Jace then entered her room and I knew that this was going to be interesting.

"And he spoke to you?" Jace asked as he looked at the necklace.

"He said my name. He said, 'Your mother for the Cup.'" Clary replied.

"Who said that?" Alec said as he entered the room.

"Valentine." Jace, Clary, and I replied at the same time.

"He's with our mother." Clary said.

"And he can speak to you through that necklace? Here, in the Institute?" Alec questioned.

"It's like when I saw Dot." Clary replied.

"It's a portal shard. That's why your mother made sure you had it." Jace added.

"All I know is what I saw... Our mother's alive. She's unconscious, but alive." Clary said while giving me a weak smile.

I returned her smile because I'm just thankful that mom is alive. She may not be my biological mom, but she took me in and raised me as her own, so she's just as much my mom as my biological mom.

"Where are they?" Alec asked.

"I don't know." Clary stammered.

"But you said you saw them. Were there any identifying characteristics? Equipment, weapons, photographs?" Alec asked.

"I don't remember. It was awful." Clary replied.

"Alec, lighten up." Jace said.

It's a good thing he did because I was trying not to blow up.

"I'm trying to get something we can use out of this. Clary, what did you see, exactly?" Alec said to Jace before turning to Clary.

"Valentine has our mother. That's what I saw." Clary replied.

"Emotions are nothing but a distraction. You're ruled by them. We're taught to control them." Alec said.

"And how is that working out for ya?" Clary growled.

She just made me proud right there.