Prolouge

"hey Jamie, don't you still have that ouijaboard in your closet?" y/n mentioned while pointing towards her.

"ouija board?.. OH! right I forgot about that." she exclaims in realization.

while the two girls in the group talked in excitement, one was left utterly confused.

"ouija board? since when did you get a ouija board??" they asked puzzled between the two.

as they sat criss cross from each other, the two girls looked at each wondering who was going to answer Sarah's question.

"y/n bought me it as a birthday gift, it was when you haven't moved into town yet" they said in a tone that left no worrys toward the questioning girl.

"we should play it! what if a ghost from the 1800's died here, and now their soul rest within these floors" Jamie said, trying to sound sinister.

"or maybe it's your grandma that died like a year ago" y/n laughs.

jamie playfully hit their shoulder as if she were offended. Y/n gets up from their spot to grab the ouija board in Jamie's closet, buried under piles of clothes.

y/n places it onto the floor, as if it was a delicate artifact. she slides the board out the box and the sacred pieces fall out of it.

"uh yeah, I think i'll stay out of this one guys. i'm always down for stupid shit but not this stupid" Sarah said with caution.

"c'mon sarah! what can a board do to us?" y/n says in a teasing manner.

"y/n, I change my mine and i'm on Sarah's side on this one. Besides, this board is giving me the chills." Jamie adds as she scoots away in discomfort.

"you literally talking about the board like u wanted to play two seconds ago??" you mentioned.

it was silent for a while and no one knew how to react to each other reactions.

"PUSSIES! I'll play while you guys watch" y/n finally said.

she picked up the triangle and placed it onto the board, and began the game. they all ask questions and suggestions flew at y/n.

"I don't get how you guys are so scared, it's not like i'm gonna get possessed by ghost"

"still not scared!? well i dare you to ask this ghost to posses you for life!" Jamie said with a toothy grin.

y/n rolls her eyes and decides to proceed with the question.

"hey ghost, can you possess me for life, just like jamie said?" as her fingers rest gently on the triangle piece, it slowly moves to the top left.

"dude it just went to yes! y/n did you move it?" sarah asked with worry.

"of course I didn't-" y/n suddenly jerks into a hunched position.

the two girls back away in fear but also worry for their friend. both were to scared to speak as y/n mumbled inaudible words.

y/n slowly rises from their position, exaggerating every move. suddenly, lunging towards them without warning.

"RAHHH-" a loud slap was heard and y/n fell on the ground and Jaime's palm starts to sting.

Jaime and Sarah both look at each other and tried to look over at y/n. they flinch as they see y/n's body moving, as if their laughing.

the familiar laughter from y/n filled the room while the other two girls watch in confusion.

"you guys should have seen your faces!!" said y/n holding their stomach in laughter.

Sarah furrowed her brows in realization. she sits up y/n and holds her by the shoulders as she shakes her back and forth.

"Y/N!! YOU ACTUALLY GOT ME SCARED!" she whined.

"THAT HA- WAS THE WHOLE- POINT, PLUS MY ACTING- SUCKED ASS!!" y/n said in between laughs while Jamie started laughing to.

they all hold onto each other for support as they laughed.

"not gonna lie though, it would've been cool if I became a demon"

.

.

.

.

.

yeah, it would've been 'cool'. I will remember those exact words until the day I die. the laughs sound so distant now, almost like it's fading away.

my memory has almost been wiped after the incident. there are barely things that my minds hold onto. I remember that specific sleepover in high school as if it was yesterday.

if only it was yesterday, but no. that was 105 years ago, yet I'm still the same.