coffee spill

as a awkward silence filled the air, I couldn't help but take another bite of my pancakes. well, that's all i remembered at least.

I woke up feeling groggy as if I was hungover, though i hadn't taken anything or drank alcohol..

I look down in front of me to see my plate of pancakes gone, including the plate. not to mention of obvious bloodstain on my shirt.

"this was my favorite shirt.." I muttered in annoyance.

"I wouldn't care if he took my pancakes, but why my plate. the fuck would you do with a plate?!"

there was a large rip into my shirt and blood painted the edge of them, my blood. when i looked inside my shirt, a small scar was present but was fully healed.

'if my cut were healed, it's probably been maybe 2 hours?' I thought while standing up.

"I should probably get some breakfast since mine was stolen" I spoke out loud while walking to my room.

as i open my closet doors, the colors decorated every corner. i reach towards a baggy purple and white sweater with a grey skirt.

I put my hair into a style that sat comfortably onto my head, wrapping my head phones around my neck and bag on my shoulder. I was ready to leave. (if you have short hair or no hair, you can choose what u want to do dw)

I check my phone to see the time and when a nearby bakery opened.

"8am. Bread's home, closes 6pm. cool" I smiled and shoved my phone into my pocket. I took out my skateboard and proceeded to walk out the apartment building.

I dropped my board on the ground and drove my way to the bakery. as I passed by houses, one stood out very obviously. the caution tape and police cars around it explain everything.

although my part of the neighborhood is safe, the whole town isn't. lately there has been murders with no explanation. in my free time, I read about them.

some of the murders included bodies drenched in water and bloated as if they were drowned, mouths being cut open like a gruesome smile, candy stuffed in children entrails, etc. it all didn't make sense, it was definitely entertaining to read about.

a sweet aroma of pastries and coffee passed my nose, it was a pleasant welcoming. I propped my skateboard back into my arms as I walk in, the lights gave a warm effect upon me.

"Hi! Welcome to breads home, can I take your order?" a sweet voice called out to me, although it was probably a fake customer service voice.

"Hi yes, can I have a chocolate croissant and.." I trailed off as my eyes wandered towards a drink cooler thing. I swiftly grabbed a iced ice and placed it onto the counter.

"I'll have this tea as well" I said with a small smile.

"of course! that will be $6.99"

I reach into my bag for my wallet and pulled out the money that I needed. I saw that I was running low on money, I should get a job..

"thank you for your purchase, can I have a name please?"

"y/n. also, do you have a open slot for a job here?" I hesitantly asked.

I have no idea what brought be to say that, usually I would need to work up courage to.

"yes actually! we have a opening for the kitchen and cash registers. you would have to fill this out and give it to me when your done." the lady slides me a resume paper.

'where the hell did she get that? did she pull it out of her ass or something?'

i took the resume and sat down at a vacant area, there weren't many people here today so it was calming.

I sat down and instantly got bored, even if it had been a few seconds.

'once I get home, I need to clean the blood or else it will become to hard to clean...I wish something interesting would happen already. throughout all the years I've been alive, this shit has gone old and boring.'

I was snapped out of the my thoughts as I hear my name being called. I brought my food to myself and took out a sketch book. I had nothing to do today so I might as well in chill in the bakery.

it was peaceful until coffee was dropped onto my book and almost my outfit. I look up to see a boy with curly hair, faint freckles, and a mask covering his mouth. he panicked immediately started apologizing.

"i'm so s-sorry miss i didn't-WOW mean to! I have tics and spilled on you. I'll get- get napkins!" he said as he ran to the napkins.

I wasn't able to respond because he talked to quickly. usually I would be pissed at the situation, but nothing dropped onto my outfit so it wasn't anything to be angry about.

my drawing was ruined but I couldn't care less about it, I like my outfit today and that's was matters. the boy came back with a handful of napkins.

"a-again i'm sorry!"

"it's no problem don't worry about it!" I said as reassuringly as possible.

he tries to dry off my sketchbook, and caught a glimpse of my drawing.

"did you d-draw this?" he asked. he ended up whistling right after his sentence because of his tics, I decided to ignore it and answer his question.

"yeah! don't worry about it thought, I didn't really like the sketch."

"this is a-actually nice, i have-WOW a friend who draws he smiles.

we continued to talk and slowly ignored the coffee situation. he was a hyper and funny person, he was genuinely really fun to talk to. we both talked about people we met and funny stories, which then lead to more conversation and ended up forming a friendship.

'at least the gods actually fulfilled my request of something interesting happening.'

I learned that his name was Toby and he lived with a bunch of roommates, must suck because they sound really chaotic. he suddenly looks at a nearby clock and a frown appears on his face.

"I have to g-go but it was really n-nice talking to you y/n! also s-sorry about the coffee again-again" he stuttered, not out of anxiety, while standing up.

"I already told you! no need to apologize it was a simple mistake." I smiled, a smile that felt natural.

we waved goodbye to each other, I look down at the resume that was half finished. I saw a remaining napkin next to my phone and grabbed to throw it out. what I saw inside was a number, toby's number!

'score! new friend, I hope I get SOMETHING interesting out of this' I smiled to myself.

I left the bakery with hope for a new job and new friend. today was definitely eventful and I was ready to take a nap. I walk into my house and my face drops.

"dammit i forgot about the blood!"

fun fact!
toby isn't one to make friends to random strangers easily. although today he wanted to find a sense of humanity, to which he did :)