Chapter 9

Anne's POV

I woke up in a panic I don't know why I wasn't having a nightmare I just did but my dream was so werid is was about the fight I had with Sasha I didn't know what pushed me out of the water or saved me from drowing but I stopped Sasha from stealing the riddles the last riddle told me to keep the riddles safe and not let them fall in the hands of Sasha she would be able to find the mermaid and probably find the mermaid before me but I know whatever happens I will protect or save the mermaid whoever it is I stood up and walked out of the cabin deck it was very early in the morning it was still dark outside and I walked out in the middle of the boat and sighed then behind me I heard "You ok kiddo" Hop Pop asked I looked up and Hop Pop was stirring he scared me "Ohh Hop Pop you scared me" I said "Sorry are you ok" he asked "Yeah I'm find its just what if Sasha gets her hands on the riddles what will happen then will she find the mermaid before me or what" I said "You're just stressed Anne I know it's hard to fight someone you grew up with and now you need to protect something because you need to" he said "I did grow up with Sasha but we weren't close she was always trying to inpress me but it never phased me she has been a jerk since we were two years old I was never her friend and now I need to protect the riddles" I said "Ok, ok you're not friends you were never friends we need to focus on the mermaid right now the last riddle said look wherre you begin the search so I'm headed back to when we first started looking for it near the town but still far away from the town right" he asked "Yes I think hold on let me look again" I said pulled the last riddle out and looking at it "Yeah it does" I said "Ok good because I don't think I'm leaving this rout some waters are more rough than normal I knew something like this would happen" he said "What why didn't you tell us" I asked "I was scared you guys would want to gp back don't worry it will stop tommorow until then without a better boat we can't get pass those rough waters don't worry I got here before the waters were rough now all we need to do is follow this rout here and we'll be right where we were the night of our search and we'll find the mermaid maybe" he said "Yeah you said we need a better boat to get pass the rough waves" I asked "Yeah why" he asked "Because Sasha has a better boat then us it's biger, has a lot more space, has two poles in the middle, and a captian's quaters she can find us without trouble" I said "Oh you're right she does have a better boat well let's just focus on finding the mermaid today and not Sasha" he said "Yeah you're right the sun is coming up I'm going to wake up Sprig and Polly" I said "Ok" he said then I went into the cabin deck and he went back to stirring the boat I woke up Sprig and Polly they didn't want to get up but I had my ways they finally came out of the cabin deck they helped me and Hop Pop look for the mermaid and so far no luck maybe we'll find the mermaid later we looked for the whole day and no luck then I heard something behind me it was Sprig he was talking to me "Hey Anne can I talk to you" he said "Yes what's up" I said standing up, turning around, and walking towards him "What if the riddle meant near town it could be possible that it did" he said "Yeah it could but mermaids can't survive for long outsidof the water" I said "Yeah you're right maybe I 'm just bummed we didn't find it" he said "Hey we got multiple chances even though Sasha is probably follwing us and is going to find the mermaid first still we can't give up just yet" I said "Yeah you're right we will not give up but what if Sasha finds it and takes it to the town to show everyone then hurts it" he asked "Then we'll have to save it" I said "Save it" he asked "Yeah I'm not scared of Sasha are you" I asked "No I'm not it's just I'm worried about the mermaid what if it already got caught by Sasha and we're just wasting our time" he said "I know what it is like to think that but we are so close Sasha doesn't know where the mermaid is she is probably searching the sea right now with no luck" I said "No luck hmm" I heard what sounded like Sasha behind me I turned around and I was right it was Sasha I knew she'd follow us I knew it "Sasha what do you what the scroll you're not getting it" I said "That's what you think" she said she drew one of her swords and jumped from her boat to mine I quickly drew my sword once she jumped she slashed down I blocked it and threw her to the right side of me she fell on the floor and then got up when I was walking towards her "That scroll gives you powers doesn't it" she asked "I don't know maybe" I said "Then hand it over" she shouted at me "If you want it you'll have to fight me for it" I shouted at her "I will gladly fight you for that scroll" she said she ran towards me and went to stab me I blocked it and flinged her sword out of her hand it landed on the floor she drew her other sword I knew she would and I pointed my sword at her once she drew it she put up her hands and dropped her sword then she bent down and pick it up she knocked my sword out of my hand I ran to got get it I grabbed it and ran at Sasha and slashed down on her she blocked it and pushed me off I slashed down again on her she blocked it again she then sweep my feet with hers and pointed her sword at me when I was trying to get up "Now give me the scroll" she said "Never" I said I knocked her sword out of her hand and it flew across the floor I got up and kicked her down to the floor and pointed my sword at her "You're never going to get the scroll no matter how hard you try you'll never get it" I said "That's what you think...Percy, Braddok I got what I came for" she said "Aye captain Sasha throwing down the rope" Percy said throwing down a rope Sasha stood up and grabbed the rope "Good fight gg and next time you won't be so lucky" she said pulling herself up and sailed away I sighed I'm glad that's over "So what did she come for" Sprig asked me "The scroll that was in my pocket but she didn't get it" I said "Reallu can you show us" he asked "Yes hold on just a minute" I said reaching for the scroll but it wasn't there "Umm guys we have a problem" I said "What" Hop Pop asked worried "The scroll is gone" I said "The scroll is gone but that is inpossible you've beaten Sasha a hundred times how did she steal it" Sprig asked "She could've have grabbed it from my pocket when I was heading for my sword" I said "Ok we need to get it back" he said "I'm not worried right now she is going to open it and realize there is more of them she is going to come back" I said "Ok but what will you do when she comes back to get the rest" he asked "I don't know maybe I should just hand the riddles over to her it would be easier right" I said "What no Anne listen to the riddles don't let it get in the hands of Sasha and if you're going to do it let's find the mermaid before you do so you can get it out of here" he said "Yeah you're right" I said then I turned around "I'm going to go lay down" I said "Ok see you later" he said "Yeah you too" I said walking towards the cabin deck I entered it and layed down I thought for awhile.

Sasha's POV

"Yes I got the scroll this scroll must hold the power of finding the mermaid or giving me powers to deafeat Anne once and for all" I said "Yeah captain Sasha go ahead and open it" Percy said "Ok whater you say" I said I opened the scroll and read what looked like a ridde "What there is more Anne must have all of them I need to go back it's too risky right now let's wait for Anne here then tommorow we'll follow them and get the rest" I said "Yeah good idea captain Sasha" Percy said "Thanks now you two get out of here help Grime" I shouted at them "Yes captian Sasha" they both said and turned aorund and ran "I'm going to find what you're hiding Anne" I said to myself I laughed a bit.

Anne's POV

I was laying down in the cabin deck then the plantars came down I sat up "Oh hey guys tired ready for sleep" I asked "Anne can you come with us" Sprig asked "Yeah why" I asked "We got something we want to show you" he said "Is that the fact you have been making alot of noise up there" I asked pointing up to the stirring wheel "Yeah pretty much no cover your eyes and come with us" he said "Ok" I said I covered my eyes with my bandana tied around my head I was helped by the plantars I followed their voices to upper deck where the stirring wheel was I stopped what I believed the front was "Ok you can uncover your eyes" Sprig said I uncovered my eyes and opened my eyes I gasped I knew what it said it said on the top of the door "Captain Quaters" I was kinda speechless "You three made this for me" I asked "Yes you like it" Sprig asked "Yes thanks you guys" I said "Hey no problem kiddo" Hop Pop said "Take a look inside" Sprig said I opened the door and gasped a wooden desk and a chair was there it felt so smooth I notice a golden plate on the wall it said "Captian Anne" I loved it "This is amazing but you three didn't have to do this" I said "Yes we did you fight almost everyday now for what's right fighting Sasha is one of the bravest things I see you do Anne" Sprig said "I'm with Sprig" Hop Pop said "Me too" Polly said "Thanks you three" I said "Your welcome also you don't have to sleep in the cabin deck anymore" Hop Pop said "Why" I asked "We set up a hammok on the becoy right there" he said pointing up to an becoy I smiled and said "Goodnight" to the plantars and went to go lay in the hammok I layed down and had the best night sleeping outside and I went to sleep pretty much insantly.