chapter thirteen

Y/N:
It was only 9:00pm but I had nothing else to do, so I decided to go to bed and message Natasha. I've come to gather in the very short space of time that I've been here, that the Archer's are in it for the money.

They don't seem like the type of people to really care about your day or what your interests are. They just do what they have to do and that's about it.

Not that I really minded though. I didn't feel like I wanted to be sharing anything with them.

My room here is shared with the other girl named Olivia, who is only 9, and one of the boys Jacob, who is 17.

In my opinion, I find it very strange that you would put a 9 year old girl, and a 17 year old boy in the same room. It's kinda creepy.

Jacob doesn't seem like the kind of guy who would do anything that made you feel uncomfortable though. He was the of more of the big brother type and he and Olivia seemed to get along really well.

As I lay on my bed I pick up my phone to message Natasha. I smile when I see that she's already messaged me.

Nat: Hey, how are you settling in? x

Me: It's okay. I miss you though.

Nat: I miss you too! You coming into school earlier tomorrow?

Me: Yeah, I'll be there at 7:30.

Nat: Yay! I'll bring you hot chocolate. :)

Me: Yay, thank you!

Before I can read Natasha's reply the Archer's walk into the room. "Hey, just so you know we have a rule. No phones past 9pm." Mrs Archer says. Great.

"Oh, okay. Let me just tell Natasha and I'll get off." I say.

Nat: It's my pleasure.
Anything exciting happening for the rest of your night?
Y/N?
You okay?

Me: Sorry, I got interrupted. Apparently
there's a no phone rule past 9pm so I have
to go. I'll message you in the morning.

Nat: Oh okay. Goodnight then sweetheart x

Me: Goodnight x

I turned off my phone and placed it on the nightstand. Mrs Archer stayed in the room to wait to see if I would actually get off my phone.

As soon as I did she walked over to the nightstand and picked it up. "I'll give it back to you at 7:00 tomorrow morning."

"But I have to leave at 6:45?" I say. "Okay then you can have it when you leave." She said as she left the room.

Honestly I was kind of annoyed that she took my phone. For starters, it's not her property. She didn't buy it for me, my dad did before he passed. Secondly, I literally met her like 3 hours ago and she's not my mom...

Anyways, I decide on trying to get some sleep. Even though it probably won't happen, I've got nothing else better to do.

•••

The alarm on my nightstand goes off at 6:00am. "Turn it off!" Olivia says. For a 9 year old, she's quite feisty. I shut I off before getting out of bed.

Surprisingly I actually slept for at least 8 hours last night. I was really tired though, yesterday was a long day.

I go to the bathroom first to use the shower and get myself ready for school.

The last time a went to school was a week ago and so much has happened since. I've probably missed out on a lot of work and will have a lot to catch up on but at least it will give me something to do after school. It's not like I have anyway to hang out with.

After getting ready I help myself to a banana for breakfast and as I'm eating Mrs Archer walks into the room. "Next time ask if you want to eat something, don't just take it." She scolds.

"Sorry." I mumble. "It's okay, just don't do it again."

Okay so first the phone and now this? I've been here for less than 12 hours and I already can't wait to school.

"I have to get going now." I say, looking at the time. "Okay, here's you phone. Be home by 4:00." She says and I nod to acknowledge her.

Once I get to school I make my way to Natasha's class room to see that she's not here yet. So I sat down at my desk and checked my phone and see that it's only 7:15 and I got here early so I decide to pull out my laptop to see what I've missed out on this last week.

5 minutes later Natasha walked in with 2 hot drinks in her hands. "Hey sweetheart, you're early." She smiles. "Hi, yeah well I didn't really know my way from the house so I left a little earlier."

Natasha put he stuff down at her desk and came up and gave my a hug. "How did you sleep." She asks. "Alright actually, I think I was really tired." I admit.

"Is everything going okay at the foster home?" Natasha asked gently. "It's alright, I got told off for eating without asking."

"Oh, that's strange." She furrows here eyebrows. "I just have to ask before eating anything." I shrug. "Still, shouldn't have to ask if you're allowed to eat."

Natasha hands me my hot chocolate and we talk for about half an hour before she says that she has to do some work before class starts and I do catch up on some homework.

———————
A/N: hi !!
how are you?
not proofread x

I wasn't planning on updating today ahah but I got bored so...