Chapter 17: Money Problem

_________

Smokes lazily draft through the air. His nose twitched at the pungent smell of its toxicity.

The room only have one window. Looking through it he could see pieces of Lungmen's slum in the night. The warehouse they hide in is situated in a remote corner of the city, surrounded by darkness from nearby houses

Him and Sora sat on opposite sides of the couch. Sitting in an armchair in front of them is a gangster penguin.

He observed them quietly as another plume of smoke passed by

"Texas, how about you get that cig outside and take a seat?"

The Lupus retrieved the object from between her lips and flicked it through the window. For a brief moment, she look annoyed

"So, mind explaining how there's an extra person here with us?"

"He helped me dispatched the Sicilians on our way back" Texas nodded toward the boy "Without him, our escape would have resulted in a lot more collateral damage"

"So you decided to bring him back since he's also the one who rescued miss princess here" The penguin jabbed his finger at Sora.

He affirmed with a nod, grimacing a little as everyone's attention turned to him

"What's your name?"

"It's Sigma...but there's a mispelling in my ID..."

"You should come to the LGD to get them fixed. Misidentification could lead to fatal misunderstandings, especially if you're caught by that superintendent with a stick up her ass..."

Penguin coughed "But forget about it for the time being. it's my turn to introduce myself"

Before he could deign to say a word, the penguin stood up. A microphone appeared in his hand

What is happening?

He spotted Texas covering her ears from the corner of his eyes

"Listen here maggot bros. The name's Emperor$, yo. These streets they belong to me the king. Try foolin' around you'll pay the price, no telling twice yeah" The rapping hit him like a truck in the face "Name's Emperor$, you can say that again. Second time's a warning. Third time's the charm. Spell it out like E.M.P.E.R.O.R with a money sign, yo!"

What?

"Appe pies, gold, chocolate bars, we have them all, yo! Droppin bars like I drop the soap in prison. Chocolate Mars and Exusiai's AR set fire to the bar, yo!"

Why is...

"Baby we chillin' yo. The name's Penguin Logistic we killin' yo. We the king of the business, never caught lackin'. My homies stay attackin' they packin' a dose of reality what you not havin'. Insurance company? Backin' us baby no worry needed yo!"

Huh...

"So spell out my motherfuckin name! Yo. E.M.P.E.R.O.R$ with that sweet ass making cash for myself. I've got Lupus smokin crack on my back shelf. Got Sankta running deals like Black Friday sales. Emperor$ is my name. I bang bitches and play games. So beware of me fam, or you'll be dead by daytime"

"..."

"So, how was that?" He lowered the microphone. "Is my rap game on point?"

Texas clapped politely. He did the same

"Amazing. You definitely put a lot of work into this"

"That was only to be expected of the great Emperor. I definitely didn't spend the last five hours practicing this just so I can impress my client or anything"