Chapter 2

It was a dark cold morning and the clock had just struck four. Gojo was still sleeping soundly beside you. You looked up to the ceiling and thoughts immediately shrouded your mind.

For goodness sake, the morning air feels too nice for me to get up...

You scheduled a "conference" that day with your family. It's a usual practice to have it held early in the morning, so you really didn't have any choice but to get going.

As soon as you were about to step out of the bed, Gojo's hand suddenly wrapped one of your wrists.

"[Y/N] it's still so early-ヾ(  ̄O ̄)ツ " He wasn't able to finish his sentence as he yawned. His eyes were still half shut.

You turned back to him and laid down once again. "I'm sorry, Satoru." You snuggled close to him and held his hands. "As much as I'd love to sleep beside you for the entirety of this day, I've got to sort out this whole fuss my family is doing again."

He childishly angry pouted and uttered "hmph!" as he turned his back to you and crossed his arms. Gojo always acts like so but he obviously understands, and you already know about this behavior of his. Your love for him is too much, honestly.

A sweet smile just crept up on your face. You sat down and swept up some of his messy hair. Gojo turned back to you and you immediately planted a kiss on his forehead.

"I have to go now alright." And with that, you left the room. You only had an hour or so before the appointment with your family. If possible, you wanted to arrive a bit early as their nags about tardiness always makes you fall asleep.

Gojo, who was now left alone, was still facing at the door. He totally didn't expect you to leave him like that.

"(Y/N)-chan that was unfair play!" He cried out loudly hoping it'd reach your ears, but unfortunately for him, his shouting still didn't manage to get to you.

You got ready as fast as possible and left the house immediately.

Thirty minutes later, you've finally arrived at the Imazuko estate. You felt sick in the stomach as you passed through the gate. Not a place you were fond of really.

"Good morning, (Y/N)-sama." The house servants gathered before you upon stepping out of the car. They greeted and bowed to you.

All of them stepped aside as the head servant made it's way towards you.

"(Y/N)-sama, good morning. Welcome back, it's very nice to see you again." She greeted and bowed.

"Please follow me to the conference room."

As if I don't know where.

The head servant was someone who always seemed to intentionally irritate you. Wouldn't be surprised if it's your family's doing, or maybe she just hates your existence that much.

Fortunately, your family was yet to arrive at the conference room. A sigh of relief escaped your mouth.

As soon as you sat down, a staff entered the room and served you tea. You deliberated on whether you should drink the tea. That was how messed up your family relationship has gotten.

In the end, you decided to not drink the tea. You still wanted to go home to Satoru after all.

Your parents and elders entered the room ten minutes later. They were at the opposite end of where you sat.

Breathe in... breathe out...

You bowed and looked at them dead in the eyes. "I don't plan on wasting time, so I'll get straight to the point."

They just stared back at you so you took it as a yes to keep on speaking.

"Return my missions and schedules. I know what you're concerned about so don't worry."