Chapter 3

They didn't respond immediately to you.

The woman, your mother, signaled one of the house servants to serve them tea. She took a sip and coughed abruptly.

I guess not drinking was a good call.

Her face showed distaste as she wiped her mouth. She sent a piercing glare to the poor servant who was now sweating profusely. You could imagine how they felt at that moment.

Right after she composed herself, she gazed back at you with a serious look.

"My dear daughter, come back to us first."

You tilted your head down and sighed. What she said wasn't really much of a surprise to you anymore.

•-•-•-•

Your parents and elders went absolute nuts when you told them that you were engaged to Gojo Satoru. There's been a long ongoing feud between the Imazuko clan and Gojo clan.

When they heard you were marrying the boy who possessed both the six eyes and limitless, they couldn't speak a single word out to you. They just coldly stared at you with devoid eyes. One could say that the expressions written on their faces were their words.

Every member in your clan was called upon to attend a conference in order discuss what to do with you. You were sat in the in middle of the room while everyone surrounded you. You clenched your fists as you heard the constant murmurs of your so-called relatives.

"What a disappointment..."

"Don't be like her, do you understand?"

"Wasted potential in the end..."

On the bright side of things, this was what you wanted; to spite the hell out of them. Sooner or later, you were bound to be out of this damned estate. Beneath your tilted head was a smirk of triumph.

•-•-•-•

"My beloved mother, I believe we all know that's not possible." You remarked and looked at her with a sarcastic expression.

The servant from before entered the conference room once again. She was bringing a what seemed like a new batch of brewed tea. She poured a new cup for your mother. The woman smelled it this time around before taking a sip. She had a rather positive reaction so it must've been better than before.

You rolled your eyes as she was enjoying her tea. She was purposely dragging the meeting on.

"I figured as much." She said as she wiped her mouth.

She pulled out something from her pockets and flicked it across to your end of the table.

It was a damn pregnancy test.

You stared at it for a good 5 seconds before glaring at your family.

"You know what we're concerned about right?"

Hell yes you did but you certainly didn't expect them to be this blunt.

"You may have left our household but you're still our daughter and a member of the Imazuko clan." Your mother sternly said.

"We cannot allow you to further disgrace yourself and our name." Your father added. He sounded like an absolute narcissistic asshole. Who knows, maybe he actually is.

You were fuming mad at that point, your emotions and patience were standing on a thin stick that was bound to break sooner or later if your family were to speak bullshit again.

You shoved the item into your pockets and stood up. "I'm leaving after this."

"Oh and don't you dare fabricate it, or else."

"Or else what?" You stopped in your tracks and mockingly replied. Tension filled the room's atmosphere as you stood near the door. Your back was still facing them as you didn't bother to look at them. You paused for a good one second and proceeded to head for the bathroom.

Tch.

Some time later, you entered the room again.

You passive-aggressively put the results down on the table.

"See for yourselves. I'll be going now, thank you for having me today." You said as respectfully as you could and bowed to them.

"Oh and the deal. I gave you what you wanted, now it's your turn to return the favor." You looked at them with a plastic fake smile on your face before taking your leave.

You deeply exhaled after you left the conference room. It was extremely suffocating staying in the same room with your parents and elders. You were honestly just glad that it was finally over.

As you were about to start the car, your phone suddenly rang.

"(Y/N)-CHANNNNN!!!"

You instinctively pulled your phone away from from your ears until you heard him finally stop.

"Yes my oh so sweet and endearing husband?"

There was a long pause from the other end of the call.

"Hello? Is this still my wifey? Did I hear that right? Hmm, I believe I didn't. Would you mind saying that again?"

You couldn't help but laugh at his reaction. The past hour has been nothing but stressful and suffocating. Talking to your husband like this made you remember how to breathe again.

"I'm on my way home right now, so just wait for me alright." A smile was still on your face as you started your car.

On the other end of the line, Gojo was relieved to hear you laugh again. He could tell you were okay now.

"Be careful driving okay?"

"I will, gotta hang up now."

"OH OH WAIT- Can you repeat what you said before first? Add I love you as well hehe."

This man i swear...

"Goodbye my oh so sweet and endearing husband, and I love you."

"I love you too!"