Chapter 3

Word count: 1,948 Characters count: 9,810

Y/N POV

      I fully stand up and look at Newt. "Hi love." he smiles at me.

Everyone turns to Thomas and Minho yells "What the hell was that about?"

"You didn't really think they were just gonna let you though?" Newt asks Thomas.

"Nah, of course I didn't." Thomas tells us. Thomas pulls out a card from his pocket. "I'm gonna find out what's on the other side of that door."

"Right." Newt tells Thomas.

"Newt, they're hiding something. Okay? These people are not who they say they are."

"No, Thomas, you don't know that! The only thing that we do know is that they helped rescue us from WICKED. They gave us new clothes. They gave us food. They gave us a proper bed. Some of us haven't had that in a long time."

"Yeah, But..." Thomas starts to talk.

"Some of us a lot longer than others." Newt finishes.

We hear rattling and we look at the vent and someone comes out of it. "Hey, Thomas. You got it, didn't you?" the boy asks.

"Yeah. Yeah. let's go." Thomas says and walks to the vent. "All right, look, maybe you guys are right. Maybe I'm just being paranoid. But I got to find out for sure. Just cover for me. I'll be back as soon as I can." Thomas goes into the vent.

I get on the floor "Wait Thomas." He turns and looks at me. "I think it's WICKED. I had a memory come back and Janson worked for WICKED. Then I asked them what they knew and he said everything. How does a small group get all the information from the most secure place on earth? They don't because they are them."

Thomas looks at me "get the room ready."

I nod and close the vent. I turn to Newt and he looks down at my wrists. "What happened?"

"They were testing my powers." I stand up and push the mattress off the bed and put it against the door.

"What are you doing?" Minho asks.

"I'm pretty sure that they work for WICKED." I heat the metal up with my hands and make the door mend to the walls.

Newt jumps beside me "What do you mean?"

"A memory came back and Janson used to work for WICKED so I think this is WICKED."

Newt POV

I look at Y/N as Thomas climbs into the vent. Her face is covered in worry. She uses her powers to make the metal move in front of the door. I notice she still has her backpack from the Maze.

"How do you still have your bag?" I ask

"They never tried to take it. They knew that I wouldn't have given it to them"

"Y/N what did they really do to your wrists they are burned and bruised?" I ask her.

"They asked me to use powers I never knew I had." she says

"Like what?" Minho asks.

"Mind control and electricity."

We all push the beds to the door just in case Y/N and Thomas are right.