To Leave or Not To Leave

Draboo's POV

Dr. Drimmons finishes up the rest of the Kits, paying more attention to Studley, drawing more blood, doing a extensive physical, putting him under to do a few less than pleasant tests and to put in the chip. He fought everything and I thanked the restraint systems we invested in for these exact scenarios.

Dean is estimated to have another 10 years, 20 years with the right care. He is mostly healthy but will need to be put on some blood pressure medications and have his blood sugar watched. It was low, not enough for much concern, but something to look out for.

Mouse is being put on anxiety relieving medicines and a full nutrient supplement as well as a higher caloric diet until she puts on some weight.

Nix is recommended to be housed with another Kitrona for a time to better acclimate to her new environment. Dr. Drimmons believes it could help Mouse out too. I agree and move her into Nix's enclosure.

Frampton comes out with four collars and helps me put them on the Kits while they are asleep. Mouse gets a light blue with a couple bells. Nix gets a fiery red and orange collar with a pheonix clip on it. Dean is given a plain black collar. Studley is given a white collar with a bow tie.

"Thanks for your help today, Frampton. Tomorrow I would like you to bring your lil' Kitrona to start the trust building." Recently rescued Kits adjust faster after being with a happy and healthy pet Kit. Frampton's little girl, Krystal, is one such pet that we bring in to help adjust the newcomers.

"Sure thing, Draboo. I'll see you tomorrow, 10:00."

"10:00." After Frampton leaves I take a seat at my desk and call up Jubilena, a Kitrona Trainer and younger sister. After a couple tones she answers, her silver skin shimmering in the light of her room.

"Brother! What a pleasant surprise. How are you doing?" Lena greets with a voice as sweet as honey, smooth as milk, and soft as a feather.

"I am well, Lena. How are you? Is the stray still giving you trouble?"

"I am doing alright. Agro still acts as his name sake, with aggression. We have tried many things - cohabitation with other males, cohabitation with females, isolation, medication, and neutering - but nothing seems to help him calm down. He even attacked one of the females we paired him with."

"That's not good. I hate to say it but you may have to give up on him and send him to a preserve or research facility."

"If I'm going to anything it would be sending him to the preserve, at least there he would have some privacy and not monitored all the time nor expiremented on."

"They are a necessary evil. Do as you will. In other business, I have rescued four Kits from their planet and at least two will need some training soon." Nix is hopefully going to be a family pet, Studley will most likely be going to a breeding house, Dean will probably go to an elder, and Mouse will be best with someone who lives alone or a couple without kids, maybe someplace with other Kitronas as well. I can just see her happily playing with other Kits under the watchful eye of a Krazy Kitrona Lady.

"Alright, let me know when and I can open up some time for you. I love you Big Bro."

"I love you too Lena."

The call disconnects and I lean back in the chair putting my arms above my head. I wait until Nix and Mouse wake up to see how they interact together. They each have their own shelter on opposite sides of the enclosure as females have been known to become aggressive towards another female if there isn't private spaces for them to hide from one another.

I shut down everything, turning off the lights triggering the simulated starry night sky on the ceiling for the Kits and head out locking up for the night.