2. The picture

TW: abuse, mentions of suicide

"So. Gonna tell me? You weren't skipping Mrs. Ningguang's class yesterday were you, Mr. Headofthebookclub?" Hu tao said in a scary tone, shocking him enough to make him jolt. "Shit! Hu Tao, no need to talk like that! Plus, I've already said that I'll text you what happened." Xingqiu escaped her gaze and sighed.

"Aiya! You're so complicated! Why can't you tell me now?! You didn't even text me yesterday! Xingqiu gave her a side eye,
"Too many people probably listening in right now. Also, consider this revenge for not giving me your notebook straight away yesterday ." He stuck his tongue out, in which Hu tao stuck hers out to counter.

The normal day continued, Xingqiu going on to stalk Chongyun while Hu Tao bothered him. He didn't dislike Hu Tao at all. They've been friends since the first grade, there's no way he could ever hate her. Sure her pranks would be somewhat annoying but if they ever got out of hand she'd always make up for it.

He sat in first period, basically falling asleep and jumping up when the bell rang.
Does sleeping count as skipping? He mentally noted as he walked down the bustling halls of Teyvat High. He spotted the Mess of light blue hair also waking, but sadly he was heading the opposite direction. Xingqiu still got butterflies from just thinking of him, he was indeed head over heels for him.

Lunch came around, all the cringey couples making sappy remarks and making out, it was..rather strange to watch.
He looked over to see the icy blue haired boy sitting down at the lunch tables eating an apple while scrolling through his phone. Xingqiu drooled, that boy could make anything look hot. Xingqiu smirked and quickly grabbed an apple.

The next 4 periods were shitty as always. He faintly remembers anything that happened inside of them, though he seriously couldn't care less right now.

Finally, the last bell rung. Students flooded out of classrooms and into the hallways all trying to be freed from this hell hole of a place. A colorful hair assortment filled the hallways as students ran out of the gates dramatically.

At home

Xingqiu was home alone, again. His "parents" were foster parents. He had fallen into the hands of them because of the absence and death of his mother, causing his father to kill himself right in front of 5 year old Xingqiu. Sadly, Xingqiu's foster parents barely have time to be home let alone care for him.

His foster parents are archeologists meaning that they traveled a lot, they would end up in places like Sumeru, Mondstat, Inazuma, and hundreds of other places Xingqiu couldn't even name. In all honesty he started to forget what his new mother even looked like, he had already forgotten about his father anyway.

*Ding! Ding! Ding!*

"It must be Hu tao, she's so desperate sometimes.." Xingqiu walked over to his phone, the light blue phone case that was supposed to resemble Chongyun. Just thinking about him and the incident made Xingqiu feel like Jello.

Tao Tao 👻👹
XINGQIU. I SWEAR, IF YOUD DONT TELL ME WGATS GOBING ON ILL KILL YOUB.

                                                        Xingqiu 💙📚
Oh shut up. You won't do anything.

Tao Tao 👻👹
JUST TELL ME BITCH, UR ANNOYING 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

                                                         Xingqiu 💙📚
To sum it down, the prettiest, hottest, most amazing boy in the school kissed me, to get away from a fan girl.
Read: 5:31

                Tao Tao 👻👹 is offline.

"She is quite strange sometimes." Xingqiu put his phone on the counter and was about to walk away when he heard a notification pop up, he silently walked towards his phone and picked it up, opening the app to see; The picture from the bathroom. In the photo you can't clearly see anything, except one thing. Chongyuns fluffed bright blue hair sticking out.