03 ❀ In Which She Flirts Back

"James Potter scores another ten points for Gryffindor!" The commentator roared enthusiastically as the score board added a ten to the gryffindor quidditch team. 

   "Watch it, Brie!" Sirius Black, the gryffindor beater, yelled smashing the bulger away that was coming in Bryony Evans' direction.

   "While playing, you cannot impress me Black." Bryony raised an eyebrow playfully at her accomplice, who smirked at her, "I dont need to, you are already in love with me!"

   "Whatever helps you sleep at night, Black," Bryony called back in mid air to Sirius Black who just could fly away from her at any cost, he grinned at her, "See you aren't denying!"

   How could she?

   "Focus on the game, or you'll regret later." She stated to him acting all stern suddenly. He just smiled at her lazily batting his eyes, "Why focus on a green pitch when I have something worth my focus?'

   She shook her head, hiding the blush that was threatening to arise. Her eyes fell on the approaching bulgder  in Sirius' direction was purposely staring at her admirably. Flying quickly holding her bat out, she managed to smash the bulgder away tossing the slytherin beater off his broom.

    "There's nothing I dont like about you, Brie." Sirius still continued flirting. Rolling her eyes with a smile, Bryony couldnt stop herself from saying, "And there might be a few things which I like about you too, Black.

   With that she flew away leaving him wondering to himself that did she flirt back?

   "The gryffindor seeker catches the snitch! Gryffindor wins!"

***

"Thankyou," Bryony's whole day after the victory was saying 'thankyous' to the little kids of her house who were not finishing to congratulate for her for the victory.

   "You know, there's a party tonight," Alice exclaimed with glee, all the girls grinned in excitement for the part in the gryffindor common room except for one, Bryony. She wasnt excited for the party at all. 

   Not even Lily knew the reason. Bryony pretended in front of the girls to be excited about the party but internally her heart crumpled with an upsetting thought.

   "You are coming to the party, right Evans?" She didnt even realise when Sirius Black came and sat in front of her on the couch of the gryffindor common room. She was brought put of her daze by him and just managed to shake her head with a very faint sad smile.

   She did not expect such an incredulous reaction from him. "What? Why? Why are you not coming Brie? What will be the party without you? Pointless!"

   Seeing how much he wanted her to made her smile sadly, "I am sorry, but I wont be coming, please dont tell anybody Sirius."

   "But why?" He asked in a whine, but suddenly a maturer look on his face asked with worry, "Is something wrong? You can tell me if there's anything, Brie. Are you not feeling alright? I'll stay back with you, dont worry—"

   "No," She sighed heavily with a smile in 'aw' banging her fist lightly over his chest, "I am alright, and you dont need to stay back too, okay? I am just not in the mood of party, so I wont come."

   "Its okay, I wont force you." He said in a small voice and she felt a sting of pain at the heart on seeing she killed his mood. She reached forward holding her arm out for him to bring him in a hug slightly startling him, "Come here, you big baby."

    Wrapping her arms around his neck while his draped around her waist, she mumbled in his hair, "Please stop making me feel worse with that small hanging face of yours, enjoy your party, go—"

   "Our party." He corrected and she felt one of her stupid smile come back to her face that are always caused by him. She huffed playfully still holding him, not in the mood to let go off him, "Then listen to me carefully, dont drink much in our party and stay away from all the girl who throw themselves at you in our party and please behave, I dont want to see you drunk again and that too with your idiot friends, and stay away from Peter If he drinks much, or you'll want to murder him again for puking on you—" 

   "Please forget that for the love of god," He pulled away with a desperate groan tossing his head back making her chuckle, she grinned cheekily, "Sorry I have a damn good memory, and it will surely take ages to forget that dramatic reaction of yours, running around in the whole common room like you were trying to escape a zombie apocalypse."

    "He did looked like a zombie though," He snorted recalling their last party in the common room. She shook her head with a smile pushing him away slightly, "Now go, you take ages to dress up."

   "Still less time than you" He remarked standing up with a smirk, she let him step away with a tired smile on her face. "Dont worry, Brie I'll come to you if you miss me, plus if I find the party boring without you, which I am doing already." 

   "Sod off, Black," She scrunched her face in mock annoyance gesturing his to go away. Winking at her one last time he scurried to his dorm while she watched him go with an upset smile, her hand went to her pocket of the shirt which had a white envelope in it.

______________________________________

White envelope? 👀 What do you think it could be? 

Word count:- 940

Date:- 17/06/22

Please Vote & Comment! 🌼