09 ❀ In Which She Shatters

"LILY! JAMES! HARRY!" Bryony and Sirius stumbled their way in Godric's Hollow with tears streaming down their faces

"LILY! JAMES! HARRY!" Bryony and Sirius stumbled their way in Godric's Hollow with tears streaming down their faces. It started raining heavily drenching the two.

   The door of the house was blasted open, Bryony's heart broke at the sight inside the house. The whole place was disheveled. Bryony was shaking badly due to the news she had recieved a few moments ago by Remus' patronous.

   "Sirius!" It was Remus. Both turned to Remus' voice coming from the corner of the house seeing he was sitting on floor clutching his knees to his chest crying. Sirius and Bryony rushed towards him as he jolted up hugging Sirius tightly, "J-James and Lily— we lost them."

   Bryony's knees almost gave up on hearing that again. Her heart was crying much more than she was. She just wanted to see her sister. Both Remus and Sirius cried hugging each other while Bryony rushed towards the staircase and an instant horrified shriek left her throat.

   James Potter was lying lifeless in the middle of the staircase. Sirius rushed alongwith Remus on her scream and fell to the floor seeing his best friend lying there unmoving.

   "James! No no no! NO!" Bryony stumbled up to the stairs falling beside James. His eyes stared into nothingness as he layed there unmoving. She shook him with tears streaming down her face but he wont wake up. "James No! Please wake up! James!" 

   Her voice was surpressed by the painful cries her throat was letting out. He wont wake up. Suddenly her breath hitched as she wondered if James ever knew about he was going to be a father again. Him and Lily had been arguing lately and now her heart was shattering even more not knowing if he knew about Lily's pregnancy or died without knowing it

   "You were again going to be a father James," Bryony whisper croaked clutching to his shirt. She knew he would have been even more of an amazing father, like he already was. But now everything was destroyed.

   Her eyes went to her fiance who was clutching to Remus, not being able to bear that sight of his best friend, his brother. He had lost everything.

   "Lily," Bryony realised her sister was nowhere to be seen, her heart ached just at the thought of her. Standing up with shaky legs already scared to find her sister like James, Bryony moved upstairs holding the railings.

   The door of Harry's nursery was ajar open, her steps already led her towards it wanting to see her sister and nephew even though she knew she'd break after that. Pushing the door open more, an even more horrifying shriek erupted from her throat on seeing her sister laying there lifeless. "LILY!"

   Running amd collapsing right before her, Bryony felt numb, her eyes welled with tears constantly flowing down, no voice coming out of her throat, just the heart being crushed under massive pain and agony.

   She was pregnant. Bryony was reminded and it felt like the whole world around her was shattering down. From outside the door, searching for her, Sirius could see his fiance sitting on floor hugging a lifeless Lily and crying her heart out.