10 ❀ In Which They Unite

Sirius Black groaned while stirring on a hard surface as his eyes opened with painfully throbbing head. He saw the night sky and heard the every silence.

   Blinking once he tried to collect his mind about what had happened. Why was his body aching? He tried to sit up accompanied by a dry and hard cough, his eyebrows knitted up, smoke?

    He looked around to see too much smoke in the empty lane. Instantly his stomach dropped. A number of people could be seen lying on the road unmoving. Everything he could see was destroyed.

   He tried to remember what had happened and his stomach dropped. His eyes wide and mouth dried, "No.."

   He remembered he had been dueling with Peter and it was the same night he had lost his best friend and Lily. He was beyond furious and had come here after tracking Peter to kill him. They both were fighting in front of a lot of muggles, not that he cared after what Peter had done.

  His blood boiled as he could recollect all those muggles had died because Peter blasted the place off. He could not come to believe how Peter had turned into a heartless evil monster who mercilessly took lives without a thought. He had never been the Peter they believed him to be.

   Suddenly his stomach sank lower on remembering Bryony was here. Bryony wad there just before Peter blasted the place and everything blacked out. He stood up in alarm ignoring the tremble in his legs, his eyes roamed around urgently, where was she?

    His eyes stopped abruptly on spotting a curly redhead lying a few meters away in the shady part of the lane with no lights. His heart raced abnormally, "Brie!"

    He didnt even realise distance as he covered it in a couple of seconds on spotting the familiar frame of Bryony lying unmoving by a broken wall, its bricks sprawled on the ground.

   He collapsed down to bring Bryony's frame in his arms, shaking her vigorously, her white freckled face covered in dust and blood seeping out from somewhere behind her head running down from her shoulder.

   "Brie!" He cried out, tears blurring his vision, a painfully tight knot forming in his chest not letting him breath. A very faint sound of a groan erupted from Bryony's throat that stilled Sirius from his movements, he watched her closely with a heavily thumping heart.

   Her eyelids opened weakly to reveal the same green marbles which he had been mesmerized to since years. Slowly her gaze finding his causing a blissful warmth spreading in his chest.

   She was alive.

   He exhaled heavily in relief pulling her more into him as he embraced her securely and couldnt help but thank all the gods he had ever heard of for the person in his arms.

   "Sirius.." Bryony croaked so faintly that it could have been impossible to make a sound but he heard her. He slowly pulled away to look down at her through his smiling teary eyes.

    Looking down on her face he could gather she wanted to say a lot due to that look in her eyes, her breath shuddering, no words coming out as she could be seen trying hard to say something. Her trembling hand rised ever so slowly holding his, he grasped it tightly, encouraging her through eyes for whatever she was trying to say.

   Tears glistened in her eyes as she dragged his hand down to settle on her stomach, her hold getting tighter and tighter and eyes heavier. His eyebrows knitted up in confusion, he could only encourage her gently, "Yes, Brie?—"

    "Sirius!" A cry like sound, she pushed out of her throat with great difficulty. He gathered her up, holding her better, the blood constantly running down her neck was now scaring him. "Brie, I need to take to St. Mungo's right now—"