08 ❀ In Which She Is Over The Moon

"SIRIUS YOU WILL DROP HIM!" Bryony exclaimed hotly at her fiance who was teaching Harry how to ride the toy broom that he had bought for him. James was already very much proud with his son's skills on the toy broom.

     "Dont worry Brie, Harry knows how to ride the broom!" Sirius called back from the living room. James too supported Sirius by saying, "Yes, no one should come in between Harry becoming a great chaser like his father!"

   And then an hour later, both James and Sirius were seen hiding a bump on Harry's head from Lily, running around in the whole house.

    "I am glad that we dont have any kids right now," Bryony sighed while applying ointment to Harry's bump causing Sirius to gawk at her offended and James to snicker.

    "You too are responsible for this so dont you dare to giggle like that!" Bryony scolded James, pointing at Harry's bump as he quietened sadly frowning at his son' injury. Before Lily returned home, James put Harry to sleep and then Lily was pulled by Bryony in the kitchen kicking both the men out and far away from them.

    "What happened?" Lily asked and saw Bryony gulp, she seemed nervous which worried Lily.

    "There's something I want to tell you," Bryony said hesitantly. Lily hummed and her eyes sparked, "I too want to tell you something, really important."

    "Oh, you tell first then," Bryony said with a small smile,  but Lily insisted on her to tell first as she seemed a bit anxious. Both sisters not wanting to tell first, insisted each other to spill it.

    "Okay, I am pregnant!" Both Bryony and Lily said at the same time together. And both of their eyes and mouth widened in surprise.

    "What!?" Both exclaimed together loudly, and burst into a happy laughter bringing each other in a hug.

    "Girls." Sirius and James rolled their eyes holding two glasses of beer sitting on the terrace where Bryony and Lily's laughter could be heard properly.

    "How long?" Bryony asked happily pulling away, Lily beamed, "One week! And you?"

    "I found out just today!" Bryony exclaimed, "Does James knows?— Oh ofcourse not or he would have created a big scene about it!" 

    "And Sirius doesnt knows too?" Lily asked with the widest smile gaining a shake of head from Bryony. "I cant believe we are both pregnant at the same time!"

     "Yes! I wonder how will Sirius react to it!" Lily said grinning and Bryony too fell into thoughts wondering what would be Sirius' reaction, though both the sister's knew he'd go wild on knowing he's going to be a father.

    "So when will you tell James?" Bryony asked, Lily shrugged, "Maybe tomorrow morning at breakfast and you?"

    "I dont know how to tell him, I've been avoiding him all day I dont know why, its like I — I just dont know it feel wierd and amazing at the same time, ugh I am going nuts!" Bryony chuckled after her rambling as both the sisters fell to the couch laughing.

    Lily's wide smile faltered slightly as she spoke in a dazed voice, "Ironic isnt it? We are all always at danger, always running for our lives, and now we're both pregnant, I mean at this time. I never say it to James, but I am scared Beenie. The thought of anything happening to any of us, terrifies me—"

    "Nothing will happen to us, Lils" Bryony assured in a soft tone clasping her sister's hand warmly, whom she knew was getting overwhelmed, "We will all make through everything, I promise."

   Lily nodded with a tearful smile, but instantly her smile widened as she spoke, "So finally I am going to be an aunt!"

    Bryony's smile faltered at this. They both were already aunts. She wanted to tell her but couldnt. She never told her that she met Petunia and her family months ago, knowing it would hurt Lily even more than it did to Bryony.