AR-2 | New Boss, New Job

"Cheers!" Everyone in the bar raised their drinks and brought them together. The clanking sound covered my inner sadness. How this is now my life, I don't know.

And by everyone, I mean the two employees in front of me currently eating away at apple pie and beef, I don't know how that's made in a bar. 

Exusiai ate away at her plate of apple pie, gobbling up another in an instant as my eyes blinked. I knew Sanktas had a sweet tooth, but doesn't she take it too far? I'm the bloody same race as her, yet I don't feel the urge to dump an entire serving into my throat. Now that I think of it, I've never wanted to eat any sweets. Am I even a Sankta?

"Come on, eat some! They're delicious! Texas can be the witness."

"It's okay."

That is so vague.

"You're holding back on your compliments, I know it!"

Texas sighed, picking up another piece of apple pie and nibbled away at the food. I wasn't even hungry at all, my stomach wasn't grumbling, I didn't feel like fainting.

I only felt weak all over, something pulsing in my head sending throbbing pain all over. Holding my head and resting my back on the couch, I stared into the ceiling, the lights blinding my eyes.

How am I going to escape from this?

It's not like they know where the landship is at this point. They probably do, if I ask politely enough. Problem is if they did then they would have sent me off immediately and not drag me into their business. I've definitely heard of Penguin Logistics before, fastest logistics company in Lungmen with only 4 employees, reliable in security work too. Blacksteel takes that honor, but nonetheless I've heard combat reports involving them. Just like the bloody Ubersreik five, except maybe Lungmen four.

Perhaps if I do enough work for them, they'll just let me go off the hook.

As for why specifically me, its a mystery. Nothing special much, taking down three people consider as Reunion spec-ops should just go under their nose. I only learnt the basics of combat... Maybe they just want to save on the scouting part.

"Hm? You're not eating? No appetite after waking up?" Exusiai snapped me out of my thoughts. I lowered my head to face hers and tried to give her a smile, but the best I could do was raise the corners of my lips a few centimeters. I was not in the mood and my muscles would want some rest.

"Yeah, I'm... Fine."

"You look like a vampire halloween costume right now."

"That does not logically make sense, what do you mean anyways?"

"You look pale." Texas swoops in to save the day, seems that she's the only one who could tolerate Exusiai's... Cheerful personality. I certainly can't, not when I'm one blink away from hitting the sack. "Do you need water? I can get you some."

"Sure, thank you Miss Texas."

"No need to be formal, we're off-work."

You call people miss to be polite to strangers. In case it wasn't obvious, we just met five minutes ago.

Thus, Texas disappeared from our sight, leaving behind several packs of pocky and a clean plate with no crumbs on it. Almost makes you wonder that she simply threw away her apple pie in the trash. That wouldn't happen anyways, they're too buddy buddy.

"Hey, hey." Exusiai leaned in uncomfortably close up, her eyelashes scratching my forehead. Her eyes dashed across my face, giving her a good glimpse of someone who had an unusual lightness of skin color at the moment. "What was your designated class? Vanguard like Texas? Or Sniper?"