VII :: Gemina

"Live a life,
Live a life.
They say, live a life.
But what a life!
A life with my first lover
That took my roses
And left the thorns.

What a life!
A life that stands high and
Cries at night,
What a life!
An open forest in the wild
Yet no life that resides.
What a life!
Dull and gloomy
Like a devil run in the city.

What a life!"

⊱ ───ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ─── ⊰

Life is beautiful. Life is the most precious gift of God. Life is a treasure of jewels worth a million and more.

Life is a theatre that shows all its colours and characters one by one on the stage, which may be dark and bright. Sometimes it's pastel and sometimes colourless.

The dark shades of life make us realize the depth of life because life is just not a bed of roses or a friend of ours.

As it is rightly said, "The stream would have no song if it wouldn't have rocks in its beds.", people forget that a song has a member that strikes them to produce vibrations.

Yet not all vibrations sound like a lullaby of love and affection. Some are cacophonous and nothing but a cause of pain.

The trying, enduring episodes of life make us more insightful and patient. They make us view life from a different perspective, and help us explore new possibilities.

But how long? How long was life supposed to give the poor maiden thorns, pain after pain? How long was life supposed to mutilate the repository of her pure amour?

The pains and sufferings in life make us judge the importance of pleasure that is the beauty of life.

But, why always her? What wrong had she done?

The sun goes down at the set time and the streets are empty again. Who would be out in the darkness? Yet there's only one person left at the same place as yesterday. She doesn't know how to leave.

How would she? A promise made can't be broken, can it? Liars! She was broken like a promise. But she couldn't break her promise. How could she?

The rain drips and drops off her red umbrella. What a life! A white lie is all that a promise means. A lie that kept her standing just like the girl in a ragged linen frock, just like the lady in elegant satin. A lost promise, an everlasting lie.

⊱ ───ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ─── ⊰

"Are you tired?" My eyes fell a victim to the tyrant rays of the tube light at the other end of the room while I tried to move my motionless body to shield them.

A dulcet dripping of droplets through the phthalo incised leaves, escorted a pleasant melody in my ear. The scent of wet mud spoored through the ajar glass window, which had been scrutinizing the little shades of the darkness outside.

Another pleasant aroma hit my nostrils but I couldn't recognise it. Neither could I recognise the pearl bedspread which was humected from the blazing heat of my body. What I could recognise was the mellitus voice next to me.