XI :: Friends

"I always knew that love would come find me someday,
but never did I know that it would be you who was headed my way.
You caught me off guard and took me by surprise,
but you simply captivated me, the same way you do when I look into your eyes.

There is a miracle called friendship
That miracle of friendship brought you
as my dearest friend.
I have so many friends
but you are the only one impressed in my mind.
I know you are the most valuable gift for me
and it's my pleasure to have you as my dear friend.

But if life has brought us to the point
That we're not just friends,
I cherish you anyway.
Just the same."

⊱ ───ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ─── ⊰

"People always want their perfect love, but no one is perfect. Don't expect too much, don't try to change the person you love, to be the perfect person you want. Love is looking at the strengths of the one you love and accepting the bad points of the other person. Love is caring, sharing with each other the joys and the sorrows, even though small in life. Love is sometimes based on each other's shoulders when tired. Many people have been hurt in the past and don't believe in love anymore. For them, love is just something short and it will be lost very quickly. I believe in love, but I also know that love is a feeling that cannot be quantified, so it cannot be grasped. But if your love was true, it will never fall apart."

Master had told all the children in the orphanage. They were just kids back then and they fell in love. When you are a teenager in love, this love is everything. All you want is the time to be with them and everything else is something to endure, something to get through, something you put up with until you can be together again.

She missed her daughter. She only wished her daughter to have found her lover, someone who cherished her baby as much as she was cherished by her lover.

Yet, she longed to see her daughter with her own eyes.

"Mama, Seokjin Sir wished to see you." A girl close to Ju Gyeong 's age, followed her inside to the nurse's room. Seokjin, or whom she fondly called as Hyung, wanted to see her.

"You called for me, hyung?"

"Mai, there's a letter for you." Holding a strong white paper in his trembling hands, he put the envelope on her hands. It was addressed to Seokjin, by some foreign name. Shane Albertson.

"But, hyung, this is for you."

"It's just on my name. It's a good news. I am happy to read this letter. It's your news."

She took out the thin parchment paper and was instantly greeted with a scent she knew, peonies. It had to be her daughter writing this. But Shane? Who was Shane again? She couldn't recognise that name.

"Dear Sir,
While I write you this letter, I am wondering how exactly I am supposed to express my identity. But to begin with, I will only let you know that I'm writing this despite my wife's denial.
I have heard her appreciate you and all that you've done in your life. I never learnt my mother in law's name and thus, couldn't directly write to her. So, I'd be extremely grateful if you let her know.
To identify myself, I am Dr Shane Albertson, professor of microbiology at the University of Oxford. I fell in love with an Asian colleague, professor of archaeological history. We married on a summer day of August. Since then, two years have passed and the woman of my dreams has only brought me joy. In May last year, we were blessed with a wonderful angel, a baby. And completing her nine months yesterday, my wife has birthed a beautiful and healthy baby girl. My wife is also very healthy and lively.
Sir, I know you must be wondering why I am writing this to you. To clear all doubts, my wife is your family. I married Ju Gyeong and although she didn't want to have any contacts with her parents, I believed that it was my responsibility to ask for your blessings and regards for my wife and my daughter, and possibly me.