special chapter | four

trigger warning: attempted suicide

timeline: 2 years ago

***

Third Person Point of View

Rikka was unable to comprehend what was happening inside the court. Not because she don't know anything about tennis but because of what she's seeing inside the court. Her sight becomes blurry which makes her more confuse. It seems that someone is laying there while bleeding.

Everyone around her was panicking yet she remained motionless. Her bestfriend, Ellie, was screaming and crying while running towards that player. Paramedics were hurrying, and still she remained in her position.

Did she see it right? It was Sean laying there right? No! She must be hallucinating.

She turned back to reality when someone shakes her aggressively.

"Get your shit together, Rikka!" Jannie screamed.

"A-anong nangyari? Tama ba ang nakikita ko?" Jannie looked at her with urgency and dragged her away from her current position.

"Here bb riri, wipe your tears first. We're going to the hospital." Minami offered a handkerchief to her but she just stared at it. That's why Minami heave a sigh before wiping her tears.

Right now, she's inside on one of the hospital rooms.

She listens at the deafening sounds of the machine. Her mind cannot fathom the reality. It temporarily stop functioning.

Ellie was talking to her however she cannot understand what she's talking about. Her whole attention was on the bed. Specifically to someone laying there.

"Magccr lang ako, ikaw muna magbantay kay kambal ha? Kausap pa nila mami yung specialist," Ellie feels like she's talking to an air but was relieved when Rikka nodded at her.

Rikka, once again, stared at Sean. What was happening? Why is he laying there?

While she was in a dazed, Sean woke up.

"Rikka." Her eyes widen when she saw Sean. "Stop crying," Sean added.

She's crying? She didn't even realize!

Rikka immediately wipe her tears. "I'm not crying!" Of course she lied. "Okay ka lang ba? How stupid, of course hindi ka okay. Anong masakit sayo? Gusto mo ba ng tubig? Wait lang at kuku-"

"I won't be able to play again, will I?"

She stop blabbering after she heard his question. She stared at him but did not answer his question. Sean mockingly laugh. His eyes become dull.

"I'm sorry," was the only words she could utter.

"It's not your fault"

Silence filled the room. Both were feeling sorry to each other. Yet they remained silent.

It was a deafening silence that catalyzes Rikka's negative thoughts. Should I talk to him? But we're not that close! How should I console him. Think, Rikka, think.

"Nandito na sila Ellie. Alis muna ako, I shouldn't meddle with your family matters," she decided to escape when she heard the door open. She escape immediately and didn't even greet Ellie.

Sean wanted to stop her but chooses not to.

Rikka decided to sit on the bench. She was still processing the whole situation.

Sean got injured. It's a fact. The reason why Sean was injured was because of his opponent's schemes. That's what she concluded.

The tennis committee was still investigating the matter.